Oregon Dunes

DigUout

we're planning a trip at the end of this month to head up to the oregon dunes and check them out for a few days. and we need some help finding some where to camp.

i'm used to just pulling out on the dunes and calling it good. but from the looks of it i dont think we can do that at these dunes. so if anyone can help that would be great..

The whole Oregon coast is littered with state parks.  From Florence to Coos Bay, you can camp at Umpqua Lighthouse state park which is about 10 feet from the dunes and water.  There is also the Bolon Islands state park, again, maybe 10 feet from the water, and the Jesse Honeyman park.  I've stayed in these 3 and they all are right on the beach, off HWY 101. They have RV hook ups and tent sites.

My personal favorite town, and where I'd request the Feds put me if I had to enter the Witness Protection Program, is Bandon, about 30 mins. south of Coos Bay.  It's THE quintesential coastal town on the west coast; great restuarants, shops and sunset views.  Hope this helps, and that you have a great trip!  Oh, check this site too, it's one of my faves and I check it almost as much as this one-

www.bandon.com

well we need places to camp that are open 24 hour so we can take of night riding too (if not my brother will throw a fit) and direct riding access is a must. rv hooks up them selfs arent that big of a deal. we normally carry at least one generator. my trailer has 100 gallons of fresh water theirs is like 30 gallons i think.. etc etc.  

Archived