Has anyone added the factory dual outlet exhaust?

I apologize if this has already been covered. I searched and couldn't find anything on it (to my surprise). 

So, I'm looking at a new Silverado, and I have a budget I want to stay in. I really want an LTZ, but I don't want one without the dual exhaust. I can find a couple that are well within my budget, with almost every option I want, but they have the standard exhaust, which I can't stand the looks of on these new trucks. 

Now to get down to the question. Has anyone swapped over for the OEM dual outlet exhaust system? If so, how much did it cost? I understand I will need a new bumper in addition to the exhaust system from the muffler back. I've tried looking at GM Parts Direct, but they don't have the 2019 Silverado/Sierra on their website yet. 

I haven’t seen it done yet. I’m sure a dealer could pull up the part numbers for you. BUT...assuming you’re looking at 4x4 5.3 models, the dual exhaust comes with the Z71 package. It’s an $850 option and also includes the two speed transfer case. To me that’s a no brainer. No way you could buy the exhaust and matching bumper for $850, let alone the better transfer case that’s also included.

Now I guess if you’re shopping 2WD trucks, or really want the Max Tow option more than the Z71 it’s a different story. In that case I’d probably just go aftermarket because it’ll sound better anyway. The factory duals look good but are really quiet. Just my 2 cents of course.

I'm looking at both 2 and 4WD trucks. I don't need or want Max Tow. I've only used the 4WD in my 2016 once, and that was just to make sure it worked. :D

My only real must-haves are Bose, Bucket seats and Safety Package, along with the dual exhaust. I'm looking at RST's, local dealer has a great deal on them, but I fear I will miss the ventilated seats and power folding mirrors from my current truck. 

Local dealer has a 2WD LTZ with everything I want, minus the exhaust, for $41,955, a 4WD for $45,730 and the cheapest Z71 LTZ is $48,890. 

If you tow at all, the dual exhaust is a pain. When you are hooking up the trailer you have hot exhaust blasting you. Other than that I think I wouldn't get a 19 without the dual exhaust. I think it makes the look of the truck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Basically just buy a new bumper with the cutouts and have a system installed at a custom shop, or order a kit for a weekend warrior.

The GM performance exhaust is built by someone else anyway and marked up significantly.

I love the look of the square exit exhaust bumpers. It is different than what Ford and RAM offer from the factory and that makes the GM system/design unique.

I would love to have this setup on my '14 sierra.