Aftermarket rear bumpers

Anyone have pics of their aftermarket rear bumpers? Specifically the fab fours? I got rear ended and considering buying one instead of the OEM, but couldn’t find many pics in a couple old threads I found. Let’s see what ya got!

I like the Rough Country rear bumper the most so far, it retains the corner steps, integrates the stock backup sensors, and works with the factory tow hitch.  Plus it adds a couple of lights.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/rough-country-rear-led-bumper-chevrolet-silverado-1500-2016-2018/p/10773/?year=2018&gclid=CjwKCAiAwJTjBRBhEiwA56V7qxDhUodpI42VkGOiFhS98nOh8XizssiDU6PhQYJ4QfJo98BYSKjo0xoC9WIQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

Thanks for the smartass “search google” response, but there aren’t many photos of the fab fours bumper on Silverados out there. I’m well aware how to search for a photo. Also as mentioned it would be nice to hear some feedback as there aren’t many reviews for a lot of the companies making bumpers.

I like the Rough Country rear bumper the most so far, it retains the corner steps, integrates the stock backup sensors, and works with the factory tow hitch.  Plus it adds a couple of lights.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/rough-country-rear-led-bumper-chevrolet-silverado-1500-2016-2018/p/10773/?year=2018&gclid=CjwKCAiAwJTjBRBhEiwA56V7qxDhUodpI42VkGOiFhS98nOh8XizssiDU6PhQYJ4QfJo98BYSKjo0xoC9WIQAvD_BwE

The rough country looks nice too, but isn’t shipping until early/mid March and thus, not reviews or feedback on it yet, the price of $650 scares me a little since most bumpers are going for the $1000 + range

If you like the style of the rough country bumper, I’d say it’s a safe buy. I have seen one in person and it was clean lines and welds, it looked well built.

ive had good luck with Rough Country products. I have the curved single row midnight light bar behind my grille and the traction bars on my rear end. Both are well priced and good additions to my truck. I would buy those items again. The traction bars  are a supringly effective upgrade that you will notice immediately.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up going with Hammehead’s bumper. The company had excellent customer service when I contacted them with a few questions, and I got a great deal through bumperstock.com. This is the Hammerhead model 600-56-0481. I’m going to get some better photos but here are a few I did take quick. So far I’m impressed. It’s very heavy duty, 1/4” steel, excellent powder coat finish.

a83eee141f4248d20d6859c4ad5a67cf.jpgef04aa2903ebfcd85bed66673c789f91.jpg

Find a picture (or draw a picture) of  the bumper you would like and take it to a local metal/aluminum fabrication shop.  You may find they can make you a bumper that surpasses your expectations.  

Well... I'm the OP and i just posted that I bought one.... but I did contact two local shops and they were WAY more expensive. I got the Hammerhead for $1100 shipped, and I got it within a few days of ordering. Local fab shops were a few weeks out, and wanted to have my truck for 3-4 days. This was way easier and Hammerhead makes a fantastic product. 

8 hours ago, rastasquid said:

Well... I'm the OP and i just posted that I bought one.... but I did contact two local shops and they were WAY more expensive. I got the Hammerhead for $1100 shipped, and I got it within a few days of ordering. Local fab shops were a few weeks out, and wanted to have my truck for 3-4 days. This was way easier and Hammerhead makes a fantastic product. 

Woops. Missed that.   I haven't used custom bumpers for many years but do know there is a wide variety of pricing .  Looks like you found a good deal on a very nice bumper!  Another suggestion for those still looking for a custom bumper is to find an independent fabricator in your local "want ads".   Some work from home or do side work for extra cash.  Fabricators I have known usually have enough personal equipment at home to fabricate a step bumper!

• 10 months later...

sorry late to the party...i will add a couple things...i was in the same boat with my front bumper...had a small accident that did absolutely nothing to the other person, but made my sheet metal front bumper look like a crushed soda can...

1) I don't have experience on rear bumpers, but i did get an aftermarket front bumper from Iron Cross and have been very pleased--installed myself, tapped for the front parking sensors and used the same fog light connectors with the aftermarket fog lights, i would buy a matching iron cross rear if i needed too...but not going to upgrade unless something happens to the OEM

2) i'm not commenting on the OP's deal...but i was able to negotiate between a couple online websites (real truck and can't remember the other) but i wasn't in a huge hurry, so i had them drop ship it to save some money...never take listed price always negotiate!  (funny story, as it turns out even though i was on two different websites i was talking to the same 'call center' and finally the manger got on the chat and gave me the best deal)