Bluetooth disconnects?

Has anyone else had any issues with their cell phone Bluetooth connection disconnecting after a couple of minutes?  Just driving and talking, not changing the radio or anything else and it just drops connection.  I can hit reconnect from my cell phone and it picks back up.  I don't have this issue with my phone and any other Bluetooth device, only the truck. 

Thanks, 

Matt

Interesting.. thank you.     My current phone works with several other Bluetooth devices though and never disconnects from those.   I doubt in my case it's the phone because of that.   Just curious, what phone do you have?   Mine is only about a year old and it's a Galaxy S8 which is current on firmware etc. 

Thanks for your response. 

Smitty

2 hours ago, Smitty said:

Has anyone else had any issues with their cell phone Bluetooth connection disconnecting after a couple of minutes?  Just driving and talking, not changing the radio or anything else and it just drops connection.  I can hit reconnect from my cell phone and it picks back up.  I don't have this issue with my phone and any other Bluetooth device, only the truck. 

Thanks, 

Matt

Has this been going on since you have owned the truck? Tried another phone? Is the infotainment unit updated with the latest software? [V509]. I have a Note 9 and it has stayed connected so far. Bluetooth permissions have been set?

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I've only had the truck for just over a week so I'm just figuring things out.   It has an update for "Apps" but it failed on install no matter what I tried, other apps install so it's not connection based as far as the problem.  Bluetooth permissions are okay though.   I have not tried another phone yet, I will have to try that eventually.   I have to figure out how to get that APPS thing to update and maybe that will do it.    Thanks for your ideas and response. 

Smitty

3 hours ago, Smitty said:

Thanks, 

Matt

This was an issue for me and several others when we first got our trucks but it was fixed with update V507 back in November.  Have you checked your truck's software version to see if it is on the latest update?  I believe the current update is V509.