Noise

I had the my 2017 Silverado 1500 LT cc (38,000 miles) running in the garage today and noticed a fairly loud tick. It seemed to be coming from under the truck so I crawled under and took a short video. Noting to see, just listen. I looked around a bit and it seemed to be coming from the back of the motor or front of the trans. Any ideas?

ive only owned the truck for a week, so I don’t know if the noise is new or if it’s always been present. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PXSV6Gyxvb8SwTax5

Edited by boilers

44 minutes ago, boilers said:

OLM shows 46%, but again I just bought the truck. I already purchased 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-20 Oil and a Delco filter, just havent gotten to it yet. 

You can reset that OLM without changing the oil...unless you know the seller really well, they could have reset it when they reached 50% and now you're actually way past due. Heck, they could have rest it when they got tired of the thing telling them it was due and now you're at like 154% USED UP.

Edited by SS502

3 minutes ago, SS502 said:

You can reset that OLM without changing the oil...unless you know the seller really well, they could have reset it when they reached 50% and now you're actually way past due.

Exactly! Thats why I went ahead and bought the oil, I just need a some time to get it done! I am glad to see that they moved the filter location. My old 1999 K1500 L31 had the worst filter location!

6 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

Sounds like a pulley or tensioner noise if you ask me. It's too slow to be injector tick.

Like I said, it seems to be coming from the underside of the motor. I’m planning to get under it to change the oil here in an hour or so. I’ll take a closer look around. 

Side note, I did check the oil before committing to the purchase and the level was good and oil seemed to still have life left in it. It wasn’t cream colored, but it wasn’t black either. Nice medium brown.