Exhaust removal in 1 piece?

Yes this is possible at least for a crew cab short bed.  As NHUSA mentioned if you can get the right rear wheel off of the ground then you can get it out.  I did this alone and without removing the spare and it wasnt too bad.  A helper and removal of the spare would have saved me a good bit of time and effort of going back to front to make adjustments.  

• Like 1

Yes. I did mine by jacking passenger side up so the rear wheel is just on the ground. Drop the spare and get it out of there (check the psi in the spare when it is off). The trick is you have to move the exhaust to the rear, and you will get it to a point where the muffler is just before (or after cant remember) the axle, you need to rotate the entire exhaust system (don't remember which way try both). Then you can slide it out the back. I had my neighbor hold the end of the tail pipe when I was sliding it back to keep it from hitting the truck paint but you can do it yourself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback guys. So it's much easier to put the frame on jackstands so the rear axle is at full droop?
I only did the passenger rear corner. I out the jack on the frame about where the muffler is as far back as I could go before the frame starts to curve up. Then put a few jack stands extra safety.
Others may have done it differently but that's how I did it.

Anyone looking to sell there stock exhaust take off? My exhaust shop butchered mine and i'm now looking to trade my truck in for a car as I've sold my boat and race car so the Sierra needs to go. Maybe i'm blind but i'm struggling to find a used classified page on here. Trying to limit creating a new thread and getting stoned to death for doing so. 

Just looking from the converter back in one piece. So just the exhaust pipe and mufflers if possible. 

gmc exhaust.png

Edited by SprinterNick

Anyone looking to sell there stock exhaust take off? My exhaust shop butchered mine and i'm now looking to trade my truck in for a car as I've sold my boat and race car so the Sierra needs to go. Maybe i'm blind but i'm struggling to find a used classified page on here. Trying to limit creating a new thread and getting stoned to death for doing so. 

Just looking from the converter back in one piece. So just the exhaust pipe and mufflers if possible. 

5c76cf4752320_gmcexhaust.png.d9fd4b1eeb754b86c3f0abb9bacd5696.png
Did you check your local Craigslist? Seems like every time I look on mine someone has a factory exhaust for $150.

5c76cf4752320_gmcexhaust.png.d9fd4b1eeb754b86c3f0abb9bacd5696.png

For Sale/Wanted
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=33003&share_sfid=14&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egm-trucks%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3F%2Fforum%2F14-For-Sale-Wanted&share_type=sf

• 2 years later...