Cupholder / console storage on '18

Hey guys, 

So.. I had a '15 SLT - buckets with the console ...  and the cupholder was removable, and also had additional storage below. Traded in the '15 for an '18 Denali - and now the cupholder is NOT removable, and the additional storage is lost...  I'm looking to retrofit the parts that were changed from previous version - Anyone else ever done this? Anyone happen to know what all I would need to order? Obviously the cupholder part (23467146) and I assume the outer upper trim ring - Anyone happen to have a parts list?

TIA

You will have to swap your center console upper tray to the ones on the picture.
Recently swapped my middle seat for floor center console in my 14 RCSB.
808a5318b03f4cba86cd12ece1a7e24c.jpg
94ed4a56b9bbfde0f43ccaa57e377d21.jpg
Btw these are the cheapest that I’ve found. Cup holders go for 100+ and tray goes for around the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here are some pics. I also did this myself as I wanted removable cup holders and the ability to add another set.

GM changed the upper tray design 14/15 have the upper tray with the slits. 16+ upper trays don’t. The cup holder design itself is also different.

2016+ console/upper tray:
e8ebff109d4023a2c4a896ffaf5b2111.jpg

2014/2015 console/upper tray
fb9ddbcf598d6aedd073525fef40cd06.jpg

Side by side comparison
3387265ff4ba81804caec85f6d10c91a.jpg

This is the rubber pad insert that “closes” the gap between the different trays.
893f7e3987ffff5d1d489e92c628d4c2.jpg

Final build.
ce509b496d764991acc30bad4bc6c147.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thank you both for the replies!

Victor - Part Numbers will definitely help me get them ordered - Appreciate it! 

Phil - 
What was under the non-removable cupholder? On my '15 - it was another little cubby - is it there and just covered? Or will I need to order that piece as well? 

Thanks again! 

console.png

Thank you both for the replies!

Victor - Part Numbers will definitely help me get them ordered - Appreciate it! 

Phil - 
What was under the non-removable cupholder? On my '15 - it was another little cubby - is it there and just covered? Or will I need to order that piece as well? 

Thanks again! 
console.png.74be570a123d10865d248aa709db1832.png

I had a 15 previous to my 14 and it had the cubby but right now I can see 2 screws/nuts. Im wondering if it had a liner..[emoji848]
Which I think it did...

I’ll pull the non removable cupholder out when I get home. But when removed, it’s the same access as the 14/15 units. Just not easily accessed.

10 hours ago, Chainesaw said:

Hey guys, 

So.. I had a '15 SLT - buckets with the console ...  and the cupholder was removable, and also had additional storage below. Traded in the '15 for an '18 Denali - and now the cupholder is NOT removable, and the additional storage is lost...  I'm looking to retrofit the parts that were changed from previous version - Anyone else ever done this? Anyone happen to know what all I would need to order? Obviously the cupholder part (23467146) and I assume the outer upper trim ring - Anyone happen to have a parts list?

TIA

You're in the same boat that I'm in, don't like that the cup holder is fixed.  I'm going to be doing this change/mod soon too.

You're in the same boat that I'm in, don't like that the cup holder is fixed.  I'm going to be doing this change/mod soon too.

Thats the reason why I swapped mine., the little cubby underneath the removable cup holder is perfect to hide goodies.. [emoji41]

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

Thats the reason why I swapped mine., the little cubby underneath the removable cup holder is perfect to hide goodies.. emoji41.png

My reason for doing it.  Even without the bracket that my radios are on, the little cubby is too shallow for my CB.

post-151133-0-50996100-1486237896_thumb.jpg

post-151133-0-68905600-1464290538_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Ravenkeeper

8 hours ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

Thats the reason why I swapped mine., the little cubby underneath the removable cup holder is perfect to hide goodies.. emoji41.png

Perfect spot to hide envelopes fat with benjamins!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you get rid of the awful fake wood trim and upgrade to the GM Synthesis kit, it comes as the '14 - '15 center console surround.  So you get the removable cup holder in the process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

If you get rid of the awful fake wood trim and upgrade to the GM Synthesis kit, it comes as the '14 - '15 center console surround.  So you get the removable cup holder in the process.

I don't suppose you have any pics of yours? Part numbers for the rest of the trim pieces? TIA!

18 hours ago, Chainesaw said:

I don't suppose you have any pics of yours? Part numbers for the rest of the trim pieces? TIA!

20190305-182302.jpg

20181108-161113-HDR.jpg
20181108-161253-HDR.jpg

It all comes in a single kit. P/N 23147676.