Front air dam removal?

There's a few examples in this thread:

And this one:

I took the air dam off my Sierra as soon as I had a chance. 

Edited by rkj__

I did, but just the bottom part. Are you thinking of taking the whole thing off?

I took the whole thing off on my 2015 but now that I have a 2018 it seems much more difficult. Just trying to get a feel on some different options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a few examples in this thread.

I took the air dam off my Sierra as soon as I had a chance. 

Thanks for sending these it definitely helped!! I tried searching for topics like this but it didn’t pull anything up.

1 hour ago, wepiii said:

I did, but just the bottom part. Are you thinking of taking the whole thing off?

Did you notice any drop in MPG or anything else?

I'm really thinking about taking off the bottom part of mine too.  It just looks better IMO.

19 minutes ago, Codey Dowling said:

Thanks for sending these it definitely helped!! I tried searching for topics like this but it didn’t pull anything up.

No problem. 

I typically use Google to search this forum for threads that I know have come up before.  Your search will look like:

"air dam site:www.gm-trucks.com" or replace the "air dam" with whatever more specific term you are trying to search, just follow it with "site:www.gm-trucks.com"

Edited by rkj__
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

Anybody know if the Silverado two piece (016+) one fits on the 014-015 Silverados? I really like the look of the two piece top half only. And I know everyone will say just cut mine. I ain’t got no steady hand anymore...

That's gonna be a no-go.

46 minutes ago, Kubs said:

I just removed the lower portion on mine. I did it a the same time as the wheels and larger tires so it is hard to say if there was any MPG loss because of it.

47206952382_6d5ab8c2da_k.jpg2019-03-02_01-00-21 by Mike Kubiak, on Flickr

47258844721_c3602c8b06_k.jpg2019-03-02_01-00-57 by Mike Kubiak, on Flickr

How do you like those Revo 3's?

55 minutes ago, Kubs said:

I just removed the lower portion on mine. I did it a the same time as the wheels and larger tires so it is hard to say if there was any MPG loss because of it.

That looks great.  I'm just going to have to pull off that bottom part.

following..  For those that trimmed off the bottom part, did you do it while it was on or off the truck and what did you use to cut it?  Thinking of cutting mine as well but can't decide if it would be easier on or off or what tool to use?