How long does it take you to do a 2 bucket wash?

Depending on how meticulous I feel like being it can take me 30 minutes to 2+ hours to do just a wash job on my truck.  I only use 1 bucket though, I'll dump it out and refill if the truck is dirty or when I do tires if I feel like it.  I would dry it off but with as hot as it is and how quickly the sun bakes everything it's already dry before I even finished 2 other sections.  I split my truck into 11 "sections."

• Thanks 1

I do a one bucket pressure wash with foam gun.

I pressure wash, then foam, then pressure wash foam off. Then I use one bucket full of clean soap water, and about 10+ micro fiber mitts (bought a bunch during black Friday sale). I use one mitt per panel area, so I never dip into dirty water and worry about the mitt not being completely clean. Then use an electric blower to help with blowing water out of the crevices.

I have a separate bucket with brushes for my tires.. [emoji1]

I would say about 2 hours. More if I really get into doing the windows, dressing up tires, etc... [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Edited by jpinoy
  • Thanks 1

I gave up on the two bucket years ago, if the truck is really dirty I pressure wash any big stuff off, still use a grit guard on the bottom and scrub my wash mitt every time I dip it... I do use a separate bucket & wheel brush for wheels and tires tho...  Always dry via sheet rinse & leaf blower but, been considering going back to drying with a towel as it seems like it might have been quicker?? and less physically demanding.. Takes me about an hour for the truck and about 1/2 hour to wash the wifes equinox... add 15 mins if I apply detail spray..

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, Mountain boy said:

I did the two bucket foam gun do a little dance method once with the leaf blower dry, took forever then I found a brushless car wash pay $25 a month for unlimited washes and I just have to dry what’s missed and free vacuums for the inside. Place to do inside in the shade I don’t have a garage. Wanna buy two buckets?

Shade's an issue for me too, especially on long hot summer days in TX!

On 7/21/2019 at 8:49 PM, Chevyguy85 said:

Depending on how meticulous I feel like being it can take me 30 minutes to 2+ hours to do just a wash job on my truck.  I only use 1 bucket though, I'll dump it out and refill if the truck is dirty or when I do tires if I feel like it.  I would dry it off but with as hot as it is and how quickly the sun bakes everything it's already dry before I even finished 2 other sections.  I split my truck into 11 "sections."

Any problem with water spots from the sun dry?

On 7/21/2019 at 9:16 PM, jpinoy said:

I do a one bucket pressure wash with foam gun.

I pressure wash, then foam, then pressure wash foam off. Then I use one bucket full of clean soap water, and about 10+ micro fiber mitts (bought a bunch during black Friday sale). I use one mitt per panel area, so I never dip into dirty water and worry about the mitt not being completely clean. Then use an electric blower top help with blowing water out of the crevices.

Hmm.  May have to get some more mitts and try that.  Another advantage for me would be having to drag only one bucket around the truck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 9:35 PM, Imcrazy said:

I gave up on the two bucket years ago, if the truck is really dirty I pressure wash any big stuff off, still use a grit guard on the bottom and scrub my wash mitt every time I dip it... I do use a separate bucket & wheel brush for wheels and tires tho...  Always dry via sheet rinse & leaf blower but, been considering going back to drying with a towel as it seems like it might have been quicker?? and less physically demanding.. Takes me about an hour for the truck and about 1/2 hour to wash the wifes equinox... add 15 mins if I apply detail spray..

What detail spray(s) do you like?

Detail spray, I have Ceramic Pro have limited choices can’t use sealant or wax. I use 303 products a lot, on Ceramic 303 detail spray sucks leaves rainbow streaks.  Chemical Guys has a good one it’s pink smells like candy works well to remove water spots but not so great as a between wash spray. Griots Garage is great cleans really well between washes leave a good shine and a slick finish. Ceramic Pro makes a detail spray $60 a bottle, I got a free test bottle it’s really good but not great on water spots. My favorite is Adams Ceramic rejuvenator, it’s a two step spray. Wipe it on let dry wipe off works really well and not crazy expensive. I have heard Beadmaker is really good but it’s a sealant so not for Ceramic even though lots of people use it for Ceramic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, txrangersfan said:

Hmm.  May have to get some more mitts and try that.  Another advantage for me would be having to drag only one bucket around the truck. :thumbs:

It made sense, no re-dipping grimed up mitt and swishing the dirt around to clean the dirty mitt. Just throw the mitts into the wash and be done with it :D 

• Like 1

Any problem with water spots from the sun dry?
Absolutely! Couple that with hard water and I've got a spotted fatty. The spots on the glass probably bothers me more than spots on the paint. Neighbor told me how to get the spots off the glass, but I haven't done it. Oh well the joys of living in the sunshine state.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, txrangersfan said:

What detail spray(s) do you like?

I use Adam's, I've tried some others sold at the autoparts store but, I almost exclusively use Adam's stuff now...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

I use Adam's, I've tried some others sold at the autoparts store but, I almost exclusively use Adam's stuff now...

Do  you have a ceramic coat on your truck?

On 7/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, Mountain boy said:

Detail spray, I have Ceramic Pro have limited choices can’t use sealant or wax. I use 303 products a lot, on Ceramic 303 detail spray sucks leaves rainbow streaks.  Chemical Guys has a good one it’s pink smells like candy works well to remove water spots but not so great as a between wash spray. Griots Garage is great cleans really well between washes leave a good shine and a slick finish. Ceramic Pro makes a detail spray $60 a bottle, I got a free test bottle it’s really good but not great on water spots. My favorite is Adams Ceramic rejuvenator, it’s a two step spray. Wipe it on let dry wipe off works really well and not crazy expensive. I have heard Beadmaker is really good but it’s a sealant so not for Ceramic even though lots of people use it for Ceramic.

Hmm.  Am looking for something for drying after a wash so may try the Chemical Guys or Griots Garage.  Ceramic Pro's seems pretty pricey.  Thanks!