How long does it take you to do a 2 bucket wash?

Actually 3 with a tire/wheel bucket.  Took 3 hours today. Included tire and tonneau dressing. And a dry with the leaf blower. Only the second time  I’ve done this so still learning. Getting better at it. Forgot to rinse the mitt only once today.

slow but sure... :rolleyes:

5C1CCB63-CBDC-4572-AF9B-DBA880EA7084.jpeg

About 4 but i only use 1 bucket and a pressure washer

Word of advice if you have a soft tonneau, do not put dressing on it. It will make it fade faster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to be stick in the mud, I drive through my qwick quack up to three times a week. Its 12$ unlimited. The I drive home a few miles for drying. Once home I get my quick detailer spray to get whatever water marks that may be left. Usually I’ll pick a body panel to hit with spray wax. That’s how a 63 year old does his daily ride. I was a little nervous using that type of car wash at first, after have a few black vehicles I found no issues with swirls. I used to do the half day at home car wash detailing dance. There’s very little difference. I have a much better looking yard now. That’s my dance now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just did a 2 bucket wash in the driveway yesterday.  Rinsed undercarriage very well as well.  Didn't use the leaf blower this time to aid in drying, just used the garden hose to sheet the water off.  Used my Griots Microfiber drying towel along with spraying panels with Megs Synthetic Express Spray wax to dry and wax at the same time.  Dried door jambs.  Quick wipe of interior with drying towel.  RainX windshield.  Polish Corsa exhaust tip.

3 full hours start to finish (including cleanup of materials).

• Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:52 PM, txrangersfan said:

Actually 3 with a tire/wheel bucket.  Took 3 hours today. Included tire and tonneau dressing. And a dry with the leaf blower. Only the second time  I’ve done this so still learning. Getting better at it. Forgot to rinse the mitt only once today.

slow but sure... :rolleyes:

Tossing a bucket of soapy water followed by a bucket of clear water took me about 30 seconds not counting the time it took to fill them. :rolleyes:

Seriously. I never timed it but it takes too long and yet I do it. Still perfecting my craft. I know it's a 15 and looks really good yet. :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:49 PM, Nasty said:

Word of advice if you have a soft tonneau, do not put dressing on it. It will make it fade faster

I used the 303 Aerospace Protectant.  Only second time I've used it.  Thoughts?

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2019 at 10:42 AM, txrangersfan said:

I used the 303 Aerospace Protectant.  Only second time I've used it.  Thoughts?

I've used this on wiper cowls and other black plastic with good results. Not really any long term (more than a year) experience but was have seen several people suggest 303. I typically use it after using prepall to remove dried wax from black plastic/rubber. I don't apply it to anything that doesn't look dried out as it seems unnecessary. 

Glad i'm not the only one who spends this much time washing vehicles haha. Wife thinks I'm crazy when I spend a few hours doing a wash and wax on both cars. Including clean up time, I'd say I'm about 1-1.5 hours per car. Typically just wash and dry and wipe down of the interior as needed. Closer to 8 hours per vehicle when I start doing compound and polish then sealant and wax. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Zach-91 said:

Glad i'm not the only one who spends this much time washing vehicles haha. Wife thinks I'm crazy when I spend a few hours doing a wash and wax on both cars. Including clean up time, I'd say I'm about 1-1.5 hours per car. Typically just wash and dry and wipe down of the interior as needed. Closer to 8 hours per vehicle when I start doing compound and polish then sealant and wax. 

Yeah, cleaning my truck and SUV has become my new hobby.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I did the two bucket foam gun do a little dance method once with the leaf blower dry, took forever then I found a brushless car wash pay $25 a month for unlimited washes and I just have to dry what’s missed and free vacuums for the inside. Place to do inside in the shade I don’t have a garage. Wanna buy two buckets?

• Haha 2

3 bucket wash...3:46 hand dried, interior cleaned, tires blackened.  That was Saturday.  Liquid Glass.. painted surfaces, including door jams, all the chrome and glass, detailed black surfaces...on Sunday....4:46.  If I'm going to spend that much money on something I'm going to take care of it, besides there's no college football on what the hell else I'm I going to do.  Oh yeah it took 7 beers wax it.

Edited by brholtz02
addition
  • Like 1