Painted fender flares

To any of you guys pulling off the unpainted black flares, want to sell them? I have a Chevrolet Trail Boss and I like the thin flare look. I think they will fit since we have similar fenders. Anybody out there have them in good shape and want to unload them? Thanks.

10 hours ago, Rckstr7 said:

To any of you guys pulling off the unpainted black flares, want to sell them? I have a Chevrolet Trail Boss and I like the thin flare look. I think they will fit since we have similar fenders. Anybody out there have them in good shape and want to unload them? Thanks.

I think you need to look again at the differences between a Silverado & a Sierra, particularly the wheel well openings. Not even close to the same.

7 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

I think you need to look again at the differences between a Silverado & a Sierra, particularly the wheel well openings. Not even close to the same.

I think I see it now. I didn't notice it but the rears of the GMC have a different shape that is quite apparent. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I will have to find something Silverado specific.

32 minutes ago, Rckstr7 said:

I think I see it now. I didn't notice it but the rears of the GMC have a different shape that is quite apparent. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I will have to find something Silverado specific.

No, look closer.  It might be harder to see if you're only looking at the images in this thread.  Both front and rear openings are completely different.  GMC has an "SD card" shape (chamfer on the upper front sides of both wheel wells) & the sheet metal is recessed all around the wheel well to accommodate the plastic trim piece.  The Chevy is closer to round & has no place for the trim pieces to sit nor the retaining slots needed for the clips that hold the trim pieces onto the truck.  I would imagine the Chevy Accessories fender flares are held on with screws and/or adhesive and would stick out away from the body more than the GMC does (since the GMC is recessed in the sheet metal where the plastic seats).

GMC:

1413847744_2019GMC1500.thumb.png.4a975513a379c0d0897ac1dbb8676ae8.png

Chevy:

591764730_2019CHEVY1500.thumb.png.b62ba4e240bd991939383ce7c780667e.png

Edited by Wheelguy

9 minutes ago, Wheelguy said:

No, look closer.  It might be harder to see if you're only looking at the images in this thread.  Both front and rear openings are completely different.  GMC has an "SD card" shape (chamfer on the upper front sides of both wheel wells) & the sheet metal is recessed all around the wheel well to accommodate the plastic trim piece.  The Chevy is closer to round & has no place for the trim pieces to sit nor the retaining slots needed for the clips that hold the trim pieces onto the truck.  I would imagine the Chevy Accessories fender flares are held on with screws and/or adhesive and would stick out away from the body more than the GMC does (since the GMC is recessed in the sheet metal where the plastic seats).

GMC:

1413847744_2019GMC1500.thumb.png.4a975513a379c0d0897ac1dbb8676ae8.png

Chevy:

591764730_2019CHEVY1500.thumb.png.b62ba4e240bd991939383ce7c780667e.png

Yeah I saw the chamfer on the rear initially but didn't see it on the front. I see it now. I also couldn't see the recessed area for the flare from pictures. Now I see it and it definitely won't fit on the Silverado. It's a shame. All of the aftermarket flares I am seeing for the Silverado are these massive bulky things that go way up the fender. I like the subtle pencil line like the GMC. I'm ok with adhesive. That's how my old ones are on my 1999 Silverado and they've held strong for 20 years. It's all in the prep work to get a fault free application.

• 2 months later...

Just got finished installing the painted flares on my truck. For anyone looking to install these, the fronts were a little easier to pull off than the rears. Once you start pulling them the clips pull out of the slots on the flares. Most of them stayed in the fender on the truck so I had to pry those out with a fastener removal tool. Some of the clips did break. When I got all of the clips removed I had to straighten out the holes they go in because if they are not flat the flares will not sit close to the body like the ones you pull off. Figured that out the hard way and actually had to pull the driver rear one back off and flatten the holes because it looked like crap. The metal is soft and is fairly easy to flatten back out. I used a dead blow hammer to tap the metal around the holes back flat. The ones I had more trouble getting flat with just the hammer I used the back of a screw driver and tapped the point with the hammer until the metal was flat. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a picture of the back of the fender flare that you removed, or a picture of the truck after the fender flare is removed.  Looking for the exact location of the clips.  Also want to confirm that there is no two sided tape used to secure them?