Painted fender flares

Hi all, new to the forum.. Just upgraded from a 2016 Sierra Denali and wow this truck is awesome. I'm so happy with it, with the last gen I did not think the truck was worth the price tag (luxury wise) this time around they fixed that and I'm very happy, interior material quality got a much needed improvement. I also prefer this suspension system over the magnaride in my last truck, even though the magnetic suspension is supposedly a more advanced system. I think the touring mode provides a smoother ride.

Im looking to see if anyone has installed the body color fender flares and if so was the install difficult? Also, for anyone who has, have you been able to find body color splash guards to finish the look? I feel like the black plastic with white paint is not a good match, my last truck was black so the plastic didn't bother me as much (although wax buildup and white staining was a problem). 

Im also wondering if anyone has seen any chrome door trim for these trucks? Not looking for anything massive, but I feel like the side of the truck has a very large open canvas and it just feels like its missing something.

truck.jpeg

Edited by Jmac572
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Nice looking truck. Design is great,  good luck with her. Flares, mmmm not sure about painting. Would be afraid of paint coming off,  either way would look good tho

Thank you! GM Actually sells the body color (white frost tricoat) fender flares as an accessory. I ordered them but not sure how much of a process it will be to remove the black plastic ones and install the new ones. For anyone else interested in them the GM Part number is 84442522, that number is specific to white frost though, the other colors will have different numbers. They also sell primed ones that youll be able to have painted if you have a custom color in mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Check out this thread,  Molding And This one.

And My Truck 

8C4CEB47-AE6D-48CB-B7CD-A7D056878913.thumb.jpeg.ff16d21877121c9a58320f5415f4f927.jpeg

F4C569FA-6549-4AAC-AFD7-61D346FBE683.thumb.jpeg.231c4a02f2caff75700139f5d6ef4769.jpeg

Thank you! I think that's exactly what im looking for but now I have to decide if I want to remove the Denali emblem on the door. Its got me wondering, though, if the extended cab rear door moldings would work on the front door without removing the logo.

1 hour ago, gothp28 said:

Hear is mine in black. I like them!aa8132542e09850db583dd8e95b6cc65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Those look great. Definitely clean up and class up the exterior look of the truck. Did you install them yourself? Just curious what the process entails, mine were delivered today and wondering if its worth the $40 to just have the dealer do it.

Edited by Jmac572

They should be easy to install by just popping them in but if you broke one technically you'd have to buy more where the dealership if they broke 1 they would have to cover the part.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just got them installed and they came out great. It was actually super easy but I broke about 1/4 of the old clips when removing them from the truck. The new ones come set up with all new clips. For anyone wondering, there is no hardware to remove, its all plastic clips. Here is a before and after. I love the look, they differentiate the truck a little from the rest of the Sierras on the road. Only other things I have planned are blacking out the front and back GMC emblems and tinting the front two windows 20% to match the rear. I'd like to add chrome body molding to the doors but don't want to remove the Denali emblems.

t1.thumb.jpg.b2a6a0b477db144bffe479338a147223.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...