2015 Sierra All Terrain:

A couple months ago, my nav started going haywire. Shows me driving through anything and everything, my screen on my dash in the lower left corner shows CAL. When I took my truck in for a different recall issue, I had them address this issue. They told me that it was my shark fin antenna, that there has been moisture that has gotten underneath it. I would need to replace the antenna and it would fix my calibration issue. But they want to charge $430 for parts and labor..no thanks. Has anyone else experienced this? Have you replaced it on your own? Is it difficult? What's the steps? Thanks in advance. 

27 minutes ago, 816SierraAT said:

2015 Sierra All Terrain:

A couple months ago, my nav started going haywire. Shows me driving through anything and everything, my screen on my dash in the lower left corner shows CAL. When I took my truck in for a different recall issue, I had them address this issue. They told me that it was my shark fin antenna, that there has been moisture that has gotten underneath it. I would need to replace the antenna and it would fix my calibration issue. But they want to charge $430 for parts and labor..no thanks. Has anyone else experienced this? Have you replaced it on your own? Is it difficult? What's the steps? Thanks in advance. 

$430 seems cheap from what I remember - I believe mine was $600+ to have replaced.  Worst part is, I didn't use or have navigation - that stupid thing leaked!

46 minutes ago, 816SierraAT said:

2015 Sierra All Terrain:

I'd pay as long as they give you a no leak guarantee.  My '15 leaked during warranty and was repaired.  It leaked again after warranty and was replaced for no charge.   

Couple threads for you to read though. Yes you can do it yourself. Yes you could have a local body shop do it for less. If I was replacing mine I would do the extra thin bead of rvt/silicone around the foam. Make sure if you buy a new antenna you get the right one there’s a one wire and a two wire if your truck has wifi. Also this would be the time to get a color matched one if you want one if it’s available for your color of truck.

• Like 1