Info on ceramic coating

Iv never used any type of ceramic coating always done the usual clay bar polish wax/jescar power lock.  What's agood ceramic coating my trucks is white. Iv seen companys like f11 top coat and shine armor-quick coat ceramic waterless wash,shine & protect any info would be extremely helpful 

31 minutes ago, 19TrailBoss said:

I'm curious to hear if anyone has used f11 too, I've been tempted to try it multiple times, but never pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I saw it online last night on sale for $60 I'm tempted to just buy it but I'm trying to get some info on it or any type of ceramic coating 

10 minutes ago, jaxcam02 said:

i went with the cquartz brand. it works well, was easy to apply and work into the surface. kit came with everything you need.

Witch cquarts did you go with ?

There are many products out there, some that go on fast and easy and last 6 months to the professional applied product that can last 9 years. Adams Ceramic, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Dark, Ceramic Pro, Cquartz seem to be very popular and do the job well. Ceramic Pro might be the most expensive of the group. Crystal Serum Light depending on the size 50 to 150.00. All can be applied by the owner [Warranties are affected if not done by a shop on some of the products] with time on their hands. The paint correction is the most important process to be done before applying the product. For the longest effect, most protection, Ceramic Pro is the one. For mid protection [5 yrs] and pretty good protection Cquartz, Crystal Serum Light]. For quick install and short protection length, Adams.

Edited by Rocz3cqg
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rocz3cqg said:

There are many products out there, some that go on fast and easy and last 6 months to the professional applied product that can last 9 years. Adams Ceramic, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Dark, Ceramic Pro, Cquartz seem to be very popular and do the job well. Ceramic Pro might be the most expensive of the group. Crystal Serum Light depending on the size 50 to 150.00. All can be applied by the owner [Warranties are affected if not done by a shop on some of the products] with time on their hands. The paint correction is the most important process to be done before applying the product. For the longest effect, most protection, Ceramic Pro is the one. For mid protection [5 yrs] and pretty good protection Cquartz, Crystal Serum Light]. For quick install and short protection length, Adams.

Thanks for the info I def will take the time and spend the money on quality products and I'm gonna play bar ect... the truck before applying ceramic coating.  Is there some better for lighter colors and some for darker ? My truck is white?

20 minutes ago, Rocz3cqg said:

What is ceramic pro? A company that does coating or a product you buy ?

I have seen this brand on a few trucks around here and they look awesome, I am not a professional just going by what my eyes and the feel. Very nice on a white Ram so I assume it would look good on any white.

https://www.feynlab.com/technology/ceramic-protection/

Edited by SS502

16 minutes ago, chris918 said:

What is ceramic pro? A company that does coating or a product you buy ?

Ceramic Pro is a product that a company sells to the public [mainly businesses that will apply it to keep the warranty in effect]. A Detailer or Bodyshop may use this product in their business offerings.  The Ceramic Pro comes in packages like paint correction, prep the surface, 4 coatings of Ceramic Pro. Each package will vary on the number of coatings and what other service is provided ie are windows or wheels to be done also. Just google Ceramic Pro. It is expensive. With any ceramic coating, I recomment at least getting the front painted bumper and the front section of the hood done in film or XPEL for rock chip protection.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

17 minutes ago, chris918 said:

Thanks for the info I def will take the time and spend the money on quality products and I'm gonna play bar ect... the truck before applying ceramic coating.  Is there some better for lighter colors and some for darker ? My truck is white?

White might be the hardest color to process concerning swirl marks applying the product but it can be done under the proper lights. The coatings application really are not affected by the color. It is the 

person's eyes that are applying the product that are affected mostly. My truck is pearl white, but I had a shop apply my coatings.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chris918 said:

I found it idk why when I searched carpro all that came up is detail shops info about ceramic coating 

I believe Car Pro makes or sells the Cquartz Product.