Bilstein 5100 with leveling kit.

Recently purchased a set of bilstein 5100's. Currently running stock ranchos with 2.5 leveling kit. Wondering what my options are leave my 2.5 leveling kit in and run the 5100s at stock height. Or set the 5100s at max setting and make up the difference with a smaller spacer would that help my ride? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I had a 2.5" leveling kit installed and the guy used shock extenders with my Bilstein 4600's. The Bilstein's ride much better then the Rancho's that came on the truck but now I wish I would have installed the 5100's. I'm wondering will the 5100's lift the front even more than the 2.5" leveling kit did. I'm thinking about replacing just the front shocks with the 5100's and leaving the 4600's in the rear.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

0408191933c_HDR.jpg

You’re going to seriously damage your front ends going into anything 2.5” or taller without new UCA’s and Diff Drops. Many have reported that their ball joints and CV’s had to be replaced due to bad angles. If you guys want a lifted look you can get a 3.5” and taller kits that will actually lift your front ends over 3” along with new uca’s and diff drops. Most of will agree that you’ll be running into serious issues not switching out your uca’s especially because of the newer stock stamped steel uca’s which will cause rubbing without all the above installed. Depending on your budget, you can even do a Coil Over from CST or KING just needing new uca’s with 2.5”-3” lift but with badass coil overs

Sent from above

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I really don't want to lift the truck that much. I have trouble getting in to it now and just thought I could get an additional 1/2" or so with the 5100's. I had a 3" lift on my Ford Powerstroke with 35" Toro's but don't want anything that high. The guy who installed the 2.5" leveling kit said I could put in a lift kit but the truck would prolly ride like crap compared to the way it rides with the Bilsteins. Thanks for your input. I'll live with what I have now.

• Like 1

I've got Bilstein 5100's set as high as they go on my '18 CC.  It gave me the advertised added height of a little less than 2 inches. There is still a small amount of rake in the front.   Others have posted they added a small 1/2 inch spacer under the Bilstein's with no problems, but I have no personal experience with that.   Bilstein's alone will not get you the 2.5 inches you are looking for.   My ride is great and not harsh with them set at the top notch.  I'm running the OEM tire right now ( GSA ) and will be upgrading to 33's here soon.

IMG_2618 (1).jpg

Edited by Donzi4me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've got Bilstein 5100's set as high as they go on my '18 CC.  It gave me the advertised added height of a little less than 2 inches. There is still a small amount of rake in the front.   Others have posted they added a small 1/2 inch spacer under the Bilstein's with no problems, but I have no personal experience with that.   Bilstein's alone will not get you the 2.5 inches you are looking for.   My ride is great and not harsh with them set at the top notch.  I'm running the OEM tire right now ( GSA ) and will be upgrading to 33's here soon.

5cac0ecab9c78_IMG_2618(1).jpg.74e5d159e09df6c463b8e5f233a382b3.jpg

It’s when you add E rated tires, that’s when ride quality definitely suffers.

Sent from above

On 4/8/2019 at 10:06 PM, Donzi4me said:

IMG_2618 (1).jpg

Did you leave the stock ranchos in the rear or did you replace them with bilsteins as well?

On 4/8/2019 at 4:35 PM, Summit850 said:

Recently purchased a set of bilstein 5100's. Currently running stock ranchos with 2.5 leveling kit. Wondering what my options are leave my 2.5 leveling kit in and run the 5100s at stock height. Or set the 5100s at max setting and make up the difference with a smaller spacer would that help my ride? Thanks

What 2.5" kit do you have now?  On my GMT900 truck I ran Bilstein 5100s at max with a 0.5" lift top spacer, and the truck rode great.

What 2.5" kit do you have now?  On my GMT900 truck I ran Bilstein 5100s at max with a 0.5" lift top spacer, and the truck rode great.
Not sure the brand. Do you have pictures? And I cant downsize my lift in the front because my tires wont fit without atleast 2.5 inches.

6 minutes ago, Summit850 said:

Not sure the brand. Do you have pictures? And I cant downsize my lift in the front because my tires wont fit without atleast 2.5 inches.

No I don't man, I got rid of that truck back in 2013.   What is your current wheel and tire setup?