Stabilitrack??'s

Or you can unplug the steering sensor. Was a thread on that a few months back. I so that in the winter when the stabilitrak can be a real hindrance. You do have a message to clear each time you start up though.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Mozzer said:

Or you can unplug the steering sensor. Was a thread on that a few months back. I so that in the winter when the stabilitrak can be a real hindrance. You do have a message to clear each time you start up though.

Where is the steering sensor located?  Won't that disable the ABS and Traction control too?  I would definitely need it on a switch.  

Where is the steering sensor located?  Won't that disable the ABS and Traction control too?  I would definitely need it on a switch.  
On my 2014 it is above the pedals facing straight down, has four small wires inline. It pulled straight down without any retaining tabs.

And no it doesn't effect the abs or traction control.

19 hours ago, Mozzer said:

And no it doesn't effect the abs or traction control.

Sabilitrack - Traction control - ABS,  are all tied together. I would not try anything that hasn't been proven!

Sabilitrack - Traction control - ABS,  are all tied together. I would not try anything that hasn't been proven!
Indeed, unplug it & go try the ABS & traction control on a wet or gravel road.

Mine both worked fine through the winter.

http://www.tuningbyshanehinds.com/2014-12-gm-truck-stabilitrak-disabler

Simple, clean, gets the job done, flip the switch and nothing ever happened dash lights go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you can come up with an option that keeps the ABS & traction control functioning I'm in.

Sent using Tapatalk - 2014 5.3 WT

On 4/20/2019 at 12:38 PM, Mozzer said:

Do you have a link to that thread? I seem to recall seeing something but can't find it now.

That's the one, thanks.

I was hoping someone came up with a method to wire that sensor to a toggle. I may have to go to a junkyard and grab a sensor and plug and see I can build a plugin that would allow for a switch.

Somebody said something about four wires but it looks like there might be as many as eight.