Having some issues

On 4/23/2019 at 5:07 PM, Thejet07 said:

My truck is a 2019 Silverado rst 5.3 crew. I’m really loving the truck. However, I’m plagued with bad luck. Coming from a 2018 f150 that was bought back from me. I was hoping to be trouble free for a while....

It sucks when that happens, I hear you. I had two Ford F-150's and both were fantastic. I'm having no mechanical issues with my 2019 RST Z71, but I know it can be a hit and miss. You just seem to have the worst luck.

What you've described.. I had that in my Audi A4. Sometimes there's pulsating and the pedal would push back up. The car apparently thought the four tires were locked up but I was actually parked. Kind of strange to me.

Anyhow.. two visits within a six-month period is unacceptable. Of all the new cars and trucks I've bought, I have not once had to take a car in for warranty repairs. Two Audi, a Benz, two Isuzu, a VW, two Ford, and now this Chevrolet. I'd be furious if I had to take a car in for repairs!

What you've described.. I had that in my Audi A4. Sometimes there's pulsating and the pedal would push back up. The car apparently thought the four tires were locked up but I was actually parked. Kind of strange to me.

This is exactly what’s happening to me. Or when I’m driving the brake pedal has a hard but spongy feel with no throw and feels difficult to slow the truck down. What did they do to remedy your Audi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Thejet07 said:
7 hours ago, Wiggums said:
 This is exactly what’s happening to me. Or when I’m driving the brake pedal has a hard but spongy feel with no throw and feels difficult to slow the truck down. What did they do to remedy your Audi?

Since it wasn't a daily occurrence.. more like a weekly thing.. I didn't do anything to it and I didn't see it as a safety issue either. It was more of an annoyance. I think something is telling your truck the tires are locked up, at least that's what it feels like.

The saga continues. They called me to come pick it up today. They fixed the steering column. Everything else they had no answers. None. I drop off the loaner and go to my truck. They scratched the hell out of it and now have to have it professionally detailed. Back in a loaner. Service manager brought me in to his office and asked me what was going on with his service writers. He gave me his card and said to deal directly with him from now on. I showed him all my videos/pictures and described my issues. We went and tested another truck and he agrees there’s something wrong with my brakes but they don’t know what. Ughhh. He promised to take care of me and make it right. I just want it fixed. I’m expecting a call from Chevy on Monday. I’m sure they’re gonna ask me what I want. Besides fixing it of course, I’m trying to figure out what I should tell them. I think for starters an extended warranty. My screen keeps blacking out or gets really dark to where it’s difficult to see it. I’m afraid they haven’t figured out all the bugs yet with it so if they install a new one I may still have these issues. I need some advice

21 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

While I agree there are issues that arise with every make/model. However, they’re already replacing my steering column and I have other unresolved issues that I feel are no small beans. Three service visits in less than two months is not a good start. In most eyes it’s unacceptable. What am I to expect in the long term?

I also came from a 2018 F150 5.0L. My 6th Ford and worst one ever. At least it's not burning a qt of oil in 3000 mi. and they're not talking about ripping the engine out of your new truck.

I switched to an AT4 with 6.2L.  It's amazing how smooth the 10spd is compared to the one in my F150.

Give the dealer a chance to get things right. So far I feel I made the right move.

• Like 1

I thought about it a little more and I'm wondering if your noise is the solenoid that keeps the column shifter from moving out of park. When you press on the brake pedal, the solenoid activates. It's definitely an audible noise even when working correctly. If there's something wrong with the part or it's incorrectly mounted, it could create excessive noise.

18 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

My truck is also making this noise and doesn’t feel like it’s driving smooth anymore. What do you think this could be?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ial8ob0ukv94wb4/IMG_4387.MOV?dl=0

Read this thread.  Sounds like maybe your issue?