lawn striping kit for mowers?

9 hours ago, tbarn said:

Thinking about making one of these. What is the outside dimension of your rear wheels? What size is your mower deck? Would I need it as wide as the rear wheel width? IE 11 wheels in your case. I would think 9 would have worked  maybe?

The roller I made is 36" in width.  Mower is a 42" cut.  You can order or make them totally up to personal preference.  I originally was going to build it to just fill in the gap between the rear wheels, but the wheels still make lines in the yard, and they don't match the striper.  I built the striper specifically a tad longer than the width of the rear wheels so that it's a nice, uniform stripe that will cover up the tire tracks.

Looks good, my 3.5 acre lot is too big of a POS right now to even know where to begin but, if I ever get it fixed up I'd make something like this for my 52" Husquvarna Zerotrun... My last mower was a 48" Husq. tractor similar to yours, they're good machines, only sold mine because the 3.5 acres of seriously bumpy yard was going to tear it to shreds, I had to get a professional grade mower with a full suspension seat to save my body too...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

The roller I made is 36" in width.  Mower is a 42" cut.  You can order or make them totally up to personal preference.  I originally was going to build it to just fill in the gap between the rear wheels, but the wheels still make lines in the yard, and they don't match the striper.  I built the striper specifically a tad longer than the width of the rear wheels so that it's a nice, uniform stripe that will cover up the tire tracks.

OK. Thanks

Looks good, my 3.5 acre lot is too big of a POS right now to even know where to begin but, if I ever get it fixed up I'd make something like this for my 52" Husquvarna Zerotrun... My last mower was a 48" Husq. tractor similar to yours, they're good machines, only sold mine because the 3.5 acres of seriously bumpy yard was going to tear it to shreds, I had to get a professional grade mower with a full suspension seat to save my body too...

I mow my bumpy hilly 3 acres with a regular 48inch cut Husq. I get 10 years out of them only because I mow in the morning when the grass is wet. The first one the deck rotted. My brother had an old sears ( same mower) he put that deck on it. It’s now 20 years old. The second one I just gave to him. I’m now on my new third one. I get asked why I don’t get a zero turn. I want a steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

me thinks you guys have way too much free time on your hands.... 

Lol!  Putting on my earmuffs, turning on pandora and hopping on the mower is like therapy.  No wife telling you what to do, no kids crying and telling on each other and I just mow at my own pace.  That's about the only free time I ever have too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I mow my bumpy hilly 3 acres with a regular 48inch cut Husq. I get 10 years out of them only because I mow in the morning when the grass is wet. The first one the deck rotted. My brother had an old sears ( same mower) he put that deck on it. It’s now 20 years old. The second one I just gave to him. I’m now on my new third one. I get asked why I don’t get a zero turn. I want a steering wheel.

I don't know how many years I would have gotten out of the mower but, my back wouldn't have taken the beating, our yard is so bumpy that I had been bucked out of the seat a few times on the tractor to the point where it activated the kill switch. The previous original owners did not have a finish grade done on the lawn so it's just as it was when it was a live stock farm back in the day so it's really rough.. The additional upside to the zero turn is a cut my mowing time from 2+ hours to roughly an hour, that time savings was worth it alone to upgrade the mower... I had mowed this lot for 2 years on the tractor, mowed at my last place's one acre lot for 3 years prior so I got a good 5 years out of it, paid $2k sold it for $1k, I guess I did OK... Paid close to $6k for the zero though so hopefully it will last me 15+ years...

To the OP:

Sorry for the off topic discussion, those drone pics look pretty sweet!! Nice yard man!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbrsilv15 said:

Lol!  Putting on my earmuffs, turning on pandora and hopping on the mower is like therapy.  No wife telling you what to do, no kids crying and telling on each other and I just mow at my own pace.  That's about the only free time I ever have too.

Exactly, I enjoy cutting the grass, most times! It's been so wet here though and with out crappy graded yard we have, there are many wet spots and I actually got the mower stuck 3x this year and needed to get the truck to pull 'er out, the mower weighs about 800# so there isn't much chance of getting it out manually so that was kinda bummer but, it's finally drying out more..

Edited by Imcrazy
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I went the redneck route on my 48” exmark walk behind. I have a 50” x 6” x 1/2” section of rubber matting sandwiched between two 1/2” x 4” boards that works incredibly well. The boards have eye bolts threaded in and a couple quick links to two holes that were predrilled in the frame between the deck and velke. It’s easy to remove if needed and was made from junk the previous owner left at my house so FREE. My mower is tucked away for winter or I would post pictures.

• 2 months later...

I actually forgot how problematic it is to have a natural grass lawn. You just have to waste a lot of money and time on mowers, water, and other tools. For me, that doesn't make sense anymore. Since I laid an artificial grass rug that I've bought from https://www.artificialgrass-manchester.co.uk/, I forgot about these problems. I will be honest with you guys the artificial grass has more advantages than natural one. I can assure you that. Just try it, I am sure that you won't regret buying it.

Edited by Olivoil
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Many other tools can help you with this problem; you have only to search on the internet. I recently ordered the best weed remover available on the internet. I saw that it was on sale and I decided to buy it. My cousin uses a similar weed remover for his yard, and he told me that it is a must-have thing in your garage. If you are interested, you can find more on the internet. Check it out by yourself.

Edited by Geofront