Brake Caliper Covers. Yay or Nay?

I'm debating getting a set of red caliper covers for my 2018 Black Silverado.

Some guys probably say they are cheesy , some guys like them. I'm on the fence. I think they may add to the overall appearance and I would like to get a set but for $250 I just don't know. What's your opinion? Here's the truck.

IMG_20190312_115330.jpg

Nope. No brake fade, no overheating, no brake dust. Just a benefit for brake dust. With the snowflake wheels like mine, you really see the ugly caliper. If you dont wanna draw attention to them just get blank black ones.

4 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Looks aside, I'd be concerned about them holding in additional heat.  If that happens, I say no way.

And remember they just cover the front face. So the heat goes out the back and tops.

2 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Its cool. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink.  These are on my excursion. 8 piston SSBC.

Screenshot_20190504-130418_Photos.jpg

Nice spring stack on that Excursion, almost but not quite as impressive as the one my old 84 K20 HD camper special had.

Thanks for noticing. But actually, there is only about 1" of sag on those when they are bolted in vs brand new not mounted in the truck.They are X code springs. Let me know if you think its sagging? Or is it cause you dont like fords... lol. And, its shimmed to keep pinion angle correct for the front angles.

Not trying to debate, or start an argument.....??

Screenshot_20190504-154552_Photos.jpg

Edited by RACERX7775

1 hour ago, RACERX7775 said:

Thanks for noticing. But actually, there is only about 1" of sag on those when they are bolted in vs brand new not mounted in the truck.They are X code springs. Let me know if you think its sagging? Or is it cause you dont like fords... lol. And, its shimmed to keep pinion angle correct for the front angles.

Not trying to debate, or start an argument.....??

Screenshot_20190504-154552_Photos.jpg

Can't really tell anything about sag with the axle supported on a jackstand in that picture, and that is a little different spring set-up than I've seen before, but I will say this for Fords, like your full floating rear end, Fords have been that way on 3/4 ton for as long as I can remember, with GM you've had to go up to 1 ton to get a full floater. The 84 K20 HD camper special I mentioned previously actually was built to haul more than a standard GM 1 ton, other than the full floater rear end. Counting the overload spring, the rear stack had 8 leafs, 3 leafs on a solid front axle with quad shocks. Rather than calling those things camper specials, they were more like chiropractor specials, but they would handle a 3000 lb.+ camper and the tongue weight of a 17 foot boat and trailer, just slow.

• Like 1

Yeah. The x code springs I put on are actually plow prep for an f450.Excursions sit 2" lower than f350 stock.  The f series prior to 99 super duty were actually inverted springs. So they curved backwards  compared to the super duty. And those are pretty much flat until you start getting into the bigger lifts. And yes. It rides... like a TRUCK.. But with my 325/60/22 bfg tires (37.5/12.50/22) and the 8100# weight, it rides nice for what it is.

3 minutes ago, Lsgun1 said:

Eh I don't care for the covers. I'd spend the money elsewhere. You can always paint your calipers.

Yes you can paint them. But then you still see the UGLY painted calipers. And I got mine for $200, so it was worth it for me.??