Adding TBC to 2019

Coming from a 2015 F150, it was as simple as adding the trailer brake controller and a reprogram at the dealer. But after doing some research on older Silverados I noticed Chevy did not give people this option and aftermarket is the only way.

Has this changed for the 2019 model year? I would think it might have due to all the integrated features of the trailer and the truck. I need to removed the panel and see if the harness is there....... 

Anybody?

2 hours ago, lexustbs said:

Coming from a 2015 F150, it was as simple as adding the trailer brake controller and a reprogram at the dealer. But after doing some research on older Silverados I noticed Chevy did not give people this option and aftermarket is the only way.

Has this changed for the 2019 model year? I would think it might have due to all the integrated features of the trailer and the truck. I need to removed the panel and see if the harness is there....... 

Anybody?

Can't add the factory one.  This has been since 2007 when they first added it on GM trucks from the factory. 

• 1 month later...

I looked into this... bottom line is that the dash wiring harness has the plug and wires in it for the factory controller if you order it when the truck is built (Part # 84638509). If you don't there is a different dash harness (part # 84638511) that does not have the wiring for the factory controller. Your only option is to use the supplied accessory harness that supports all aftermarket trailer brake controllers.