I looked at mine again on lunch. Its hard to tell but it seems like it might sit a bit more to the drivers side but its hardly noticeable. I think the new body lines make it worse if the bed is a bit off. Due to high volume manufacturing I'm sure every truck bed is off in some sort of way. 

33 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

I looked at mine again on lunch. Its hard to tell but it seems like it might sit a bit more to the drivers side but its hardly noticeable. I think the new body lines make it worse if the bed is a bit off. Due to high volume manufacturing I'm sure every truck bed is off in some sort of way. 

I gaurantee it. Get some one that says their truck is perfect, then get someone that has OCD, or is a quality inspector, and I gaurantee they'll find something wrong.

• Like 1

Mine is off a little bit, but I can live with it.   Who knows what can of worms would be opened if I fool with it.   My last car was a Corvette and that had a few misaligned panels and it was a headache to get it corrected, and it never got 100%.

24 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Mine is off a little bit, but I can live with it.   Who knows what can of worms would be opened if I fool with it.   My last car was a Corvette and that had a few misaligned panels and it was a headache to get it corrected, and it never got 100%.

So true.  Let the dealer mess with it, and more than likely something else will be off, or you'll come out of the deal with a ding/scratch.

Edited by Bftx
  • Like 1

Went back and got my truck unfixed while GM decides what they want to do. Couldn’t be without it another day!!! Actually, I only went and got it because my loaner was a ****ing WT package.

driver side sticks out approx 1/4” from flush with the cab. Passenger side is tucked behind the cab 3/4” from flush. Apparently they’re supposed to ride 1/2” inside from cab on both sides.

still no response from GM. Service rep said GM could easily say it is a non-fix Problem and I’ll be stuck with it. Not what I wanted to hear.

The new norm in the auto industry......

Prices continue to escalate while quality continues to decline.

Happens with just about every manufacturer. It pays to buy that extended warranty now more than ever.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

Truck went in for first service and “Jingle jangle on the driver CV shaft” just to get it on record. Tech let’s me know a solution may be in for the offset bed...

Says the cab is adjustable and will need to be shifted to center the bed. Not sure how this will affect the front clip line up.

Well, that fell through. As of now, no adjustments on cab or bed. Tech said he walked the lot and found 2 trucks that had perfectly centered beds. Says the rest are off by some amount. The loaner I’m in while they looked at mine again is off the same amount or more than mine and to the opposite side. Seems their engineers are putting their heads together for a fix. But, no TSB as of yet.

5 minutes ago, Chambo said:

Well, that fell through. As of now, no adjustments on cab or bed. Tech said he walked the lot and found 2 trucks that had perfectly centered beds. Says the rest are off by some amount. The loaner I’m in while they looked at mine again is off the same amount or more than mine and to the opposite side. Seems their engineers are putting their heads together for a fix. But, no TSB as of yet.

How about your Jingle issue as stated by others in another thread? '

Did the dealer come up with a fix for that?

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

How about your Jingle issue as stated by others in another thread? '

Did the dealer come up with a fix for that?

Negative. They “can’t hear it”. I showed them the TSP for the problem. Confirmed I have the AAM built front axle and he said he’d make the annotations 

Edited by Chambo

• 3 months later...

Same.  2019 LTZ, day 2 I’m driving on an open road, I glance in my driver side view mirror & thought the back door wasn’t shut because the body line was off.  So I pulled over to check, and it was shut.  This is when I realized it was misaligned. The body line has a 1” jog between the cab and bed on driver side. When I checked the passenger side, it’s aligned perfect.  Confusing how one side is aligned but the other is way off.  Returned it to the dealer who sent it to their body shop.  I told them to get me a new truck and that a $56k truck should not be seriously misaligned like this.  So looks like I’m losing my beautiful blue and getting a shadow gray instead.  

• 1 month later...

I brought mine in because was getting paint chips on the bottom of the box in front of the rear wheels and front edge of box after a whopping 511 miles, about 40 miles on gravel. Service looked at it and noticed the box was misaligned. They said they would look into a fix and call back. Hope something has been figured out by now.