Pairing remote to seat memory

I just bought a 2019 Yukon XL Denali, replacing a 2009 Yukon XL Denali, which replaced a 2001 Yukon XL Denali.  In the previous 2 vehicles, when I would hit the unlock button on my remote, the seat would move to my selected position (#1).  My husband's would move to his position (#2) when he unlocked with his remote.  With this new one, the dealer said I have to press and hold either the #1 or #2 button on the door to move the seat.  I knew that was ridiculous so on my own through the menus found where I could set it so that when the truck was turned on, it would move to the setting of whichever remote was in it.  When I asked about the remote unlock button moving the seats, nobody in the dealership, including the service dept, knew what I was talking about, like they've never heard that before.  I just find it hard to believe that they had that feature on the 2001 and 2009 models but not this one. There's a foot difference between me and my husband, I literally can't sit in the seat and reach the pedals in his setting.  I can't make the exit setting closer because then he can't get out lol.  So does anyone know if there is still a way to have the unlock button on the remote move the seat into position for the 2019 model?

Try calling GM Customer Service.  Dealers are terrible with explaining features.  It's not that hard to do.  I also noted that the owner's manual doesn't cover this feature.  My 2017 has 3 seat buttons.  The third button sets the position of the driver's seat when the car is turned off.

You need to activate it in the settings.. Click setting on infotainment screen, then vehicle...comfort and convenience...auto memory recall.. There are 2 options.. On or Off. I just stumbled upon it one day.. You must do it with vehicle running though.. Its grayed out if just in accessory mode. Hope this helps

• 7 months later...

Also, the remotes are set to driver 1 and driver 2 by default. You will just have to unlock your vehicle with the key fob, after turning on the auto memory recall in settings, and see which diver setting it activates. I assume the fob that was originally programmed 1st is set to driver 1.

• 8 months later...

Hi, Yes its very annoying, but GM did away with that option for some unknown reason. It is not in the settings and dont try to look for it. My 1999 STS, 2004 Suburban both had it and it was a great feature especially with my wife who is much shorter than i am, currently she can get in and use her fob and it bring to her settings, but i cannot do the same as i would be too close, i have to use the memory buttons on the door. GM if you are listening, bring this back please. My dealer when i asked, checked with GM and they told them that because the truck can now accommodate 8 fobs, they did away with having this feature. I was not convinced. 

Check out this video, at the 4:20 mark he demonstrates how the seats move with the keyfob. He doesn't mention what year Denali it is but its clearly a 2015 - 2019.

I don't buy that the feature was taken away as the dealership told @George100.

Edit: I asked the person who created the video what year what his Denali was, its a 2015.  I would imagine the newer Denalis *should* have the same functionality.

Edited by Kllr13b

Thank you very much for the link, i really like that guys videos too, i had learned alot. However if you reread my post and some of the other posts, you will find we are not talking about what this guy is showing. My truck is already set up for this and is configured for it. What we are lamenting is the fact that GM took away the option of being 30 to 50 feet away from the house or store and not being able to unlock and move to the settings the fob is programmed for. You need to be in very close proximity to the vehicle for this to work. It might be a first world problem but I found it to be much more useful than what GM has now. Cheers

George100,  I understand what you are saying.  My point is at the 4:20 minute mark in the video he demonstrates how the seats move with the keyfob. 

My wife is 1 foot shorter than I am and I would like to have the seat already in position when I get in the truck.  Sounds like that is your issue as well.

Edited by Kllr13b

It would be great if it did that, but then that would be the same as sitting in the house with the fob, and having the settings move back after the war department had used it. As it stands now, you have to start the thing to get the settings to move or use the button on the door. My wife can do both, with my portly figure i cannot. 

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone I have a question... I have a 2015 Yukon Denali XL... the memory seat switch does not light up or work. I tried using a working switch from a suburban since they both are the same. I get no power to either switch. Is there a fuse for the switch itself or does the wire run separately from the door locks windows and side mirrors? 

On 9/16/2020 at 7:26 AM, mikemcclain8 said:

Does it work if you remote start the vehicle?  Not just unlock the doors, but actually start it?

You have to lock the doors before the remote start will work. When you unlock the doors to get in - after the remote start - the seats will adjust if you have that feature programmed.