Leer 100XL Cap Trail Boss Installed

Looks good, the fitment looks real good,  i have to put shells on too   but hot a good use for my old truck,  so open pickup and also enclosed.  Lol. 
20190530_212130.thumb.jpg.5b6d0d293a5ca91ff9f9ffc1533d0b33.jpg
Now that's how you make a trailer....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is my 5th leer 100 xl and have to say I'm a little disappointed in the quality. The pop out window on one side won't close all the way (inch gap), and there is a spot on the cap edge where the paint is peeling up.5454b51f4acf5ffb50c46a79cbaa6c04.jpg3270d74b760b811db51fb5f12dac859e.jpg

• Like 1

Here is your before and after hitch height. Parked in the same exact parking spot which is fairly level. Before pic is almost full tank, after pic is less about 4 gallons of gas.

Looks the weight of the leer cap will lower the rear about an honest 1/2 inch.7c906c352f5d590080aa064f2d06eec4.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good!  Definitely won't overlap the TrailBoss sticker, comes close but not enough to cover it up-
57783251929__47F9B81E-04A8-4974-A228-B2692E0C2390.thumb.jpg.d3b112fab67c872a0be9a0904a0c7172.jpg
I also removed the leer letters off back glass. Not a big fan of decals.

After a couple days on my truck there have been times I looked at the cap and liked it and other angles I didn't really care for it. I guess the cap on my 16 z71 had such clean body lines that it spoiled me a bit. This new truck has a curved roof and the 3rd brake light spoiler that just make for an awkward transition to the cap. I'm getting used to it, but if I didn't need a cap, I'd probably prefer the look without it.

Had it up on the interstate going 75 into a 30 mph crosswind. Pretty disappointed. It sounded like a hurricane between the truck rear window and cap front window. Loud enough I could hear it over the radio and hum of the duratac tires. Because the leading edge of the cap is cupped and sits slightly higher than the sloping third brake valence I think it creates weird turbulence behind the rear window. Didn't seem as bad with wind at my back.

If I leaned my head towards the back seat and turned the radio off it definitely sounds like constant wind noise. Never had that on my other leer caps. Don't think there is any way to remedy it either. Probably pretty annoying if you had an adult sitting in the back seat.

6bb3cc0dccc4907eae2f73cce3c02fa0.jpg

That sucks about the wind noise, as soon as I saw a T1 with a cap I wondered if there would be issues with that. The only way I can see you 'fixing' that is to create a much tighter gap between the cab and the cap... Maybe some plastic or rubber gasket material?

That sucks about the wind noise, as soon as I saw a T1 with a cap I wondered if there would be issues with that. The only way I can see you 'fixing' that is to create a much tighter gap between the cab and the cap... Maybe some plastic or rubber gasket material?
Yeah between that and the leaking front and side window in the rain last night I wish I could just return it to be honest. I thought about a gasket of some sort but doubt it would look good. I already have the cap pushed forward as far as it will go without the cap touching the paint in the rear.

• Like 1

Listened careful with radio off on the way to work this morning. No crosswinds at all this time, and soon as you hit 60 you start to hear wind noise in the back window. By 70 mph you can hear it with the radio on. Just kind of sounds like a window is cracked open a bit. Anyone else with the leer cap notice wind noise on the highway?