What kind of Antenna???

I was looking to upgrade my antenna to something smaller but still able to pull in the frequency.

Any recommendations???

e6cee1cbc6a686fa25f36137bdbe2169.jpg6243699f6453ce62cba556a146d78ef8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Depending on how close to the city you are you can get away with most stubby antennas. I live about 30-45 min outside the city and have the ronnin 4” stubby and I didn’t really lose any reception for FM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I put a stubby on mine and live in the heart of Dallas and lost a ton of volume on radio stations. Not really a big deal for me as I only listen to satellite. I did it mainly for looks

So Ronin works well with satellite xm.

Your satellite radio runs off of a completely different antenna, so if you use satellite radio get any antenna you want because it’s not going to be affected.

• Like 1

Your satellite radio runs off of a completely different antenna, so if you use satellite radio get any antenna you want because it’s not going to be affected.

Okay that's what I wanted to know thanks for all input,
I appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 6/8/2019 at 8:57 AM, MY164X4 said:

So Ronin works well with satellite xm.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:01 AM, C-Dub'sZ71 said:

Or completely delete your AM/FM antenna, if you don’t listen to it.

Edited by Ravenkeeper

I’ve got the antenna-x 13” “off road” antenna. I was sick of slapping the conduit in my works parking garage. I listen to quite a bit AM radio still and no issues with reception. Nice basic looking antenna. Those bullet ones tend to go missing a lot from cars. Pretty easy to steal.

1ef2b9df950109aaba5483abc57dc9a7.jpg

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got a shorty off of amazon and it works good so far. I live in the city (DFW) so cant speak for it working out in the country but will update once i get that experience. The one i got was easy install. Unscrew stock one and screw this one right on. I have been able to get all my stations FM/AM along with everything with no issues. Sound Quality is exact same. I did keep my stock one just in case but all the reviews were good on this one. I’ll post pic below. 

3CD0441F-9645-423B-A0D3-19C8409F4E5D.jpeg

B86C2D6A-3614-4007-93E6-A0E58A5D5199.png

Can I say that I love the long antenna because it is a height marker for the top of the truck? Like a curb feeler for the roof. It gives me just enough time and space to react before I smack the roof onto something. Saved me one already and for that, I will keep it. I can say I never see it while driving so it is hardly a bother. 

• Like 1