neekhalas

Money Light on 8-Speed, P0700+P0711

Check engine light came on a couple months ago, did some research and came to the conclusion that it might have been the TPMS Sensor.  Ended up changing out the entire throttle body for the JET Throttle Body. Money light turned off, truck was driving great, though the problem was solved.  Couple days ago, light came back on and the same symptoms were going on. Decided to actually scan it this time, which I should have done the first time. Got the codes for P0711 and a P0700. Kind of alarmed when I read the P0711 description since it included the word 'transmission' in it. Apparently this is the code for a faulty Trans Fluid Temp Sensor. Very hard to find any info on this problem in the newer trucks and when I took it to the tranny shop he said this is the first one he's seen have a tranny problem so far. Of course, the dealer was no help.  I went in and told them what code I got, first thing the snake of a salesman did was try to tell me maybe the seatbelt is giving off a code and that if I want them to look at it, it would be $220 from the jump. They also said it's not under warranty since it's electrical. Blood red mad. Anyways, I took it to a local shop and the guy that owns the shop has the same truck, just a 2015, so I feel I'm in good hands.  Called me up today to say he tried to order the part, and GM tech told him it's not just the sensor you can switch out.  You have to replace the whole damn harness. Why is GM like this. Anyways, I'll try to keep this updated just in case someone else comes across this problem.

From memory p0700 is a communication issue. Could be the cause of the p0711. Wouldn't be surprised if it was in the harness. Could also be the TCM itself. Good luck keep us posted. 

While the sensor and harness are one part, the issue is actually a short in the harness, which with the sensor is inside the transmission oil pan.  The technician I spoke to knew about it before even looking at the truck.  Known issue I guess. 

Sensors fail sometimes.  Meh.  I had mine taken care of under power train warranty.  Took an afternoon.