Does GM warranty chrome wheels?

My wife worked warranty for a Chevrolet/Cadillac dealership and as mentioned they will be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty provided they do not determine it was "abuse" related and also as mentioned the only difference now is you may have to wait a bit longer for GM to authorize it since the dealer can't. BTW, when GM says "bumper to bumper" they really mean it even including stuff like brake pads, tires, batteries, windshield wipers etc (I got my battery replaced free with only a few days left on the warranty). 

Edited by Marv88
  • Like 1

I almost forgot. Congrats on the positive outcome with your wheels.

I have gripes with GM over some things, but then again I always have. Nothing's perfect, but I won't be caught dead driving a Ford, Dodge, or Toyota truck.

I'm 30 years old and have always stuck with Levi's 505 jeans. Their QC slipped to the point that I had to start trying on each pair before buying. My heart still aches that I switched to factory direct orders from Wrangler, but they fit like I want. After lots of trial and error. I'm still not fully over it. I like my brands.

I love GM trucks to a fault though. That's one I couldn't change. Like my old lady.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Their Chinese chrome wheels suck. They don't stand a chance in northern climates. 

If i was you I'd opt to get another wheel. not chrome

Not sure I can. Besides, the girl in service started the claim and said she’ll let me know. I had a text 20 minutes later saying it was approved and that they’re ordered. Was not expecting such a fast approval.

I almost forgot. Congrats on the positive outcome with your wheels.

I have gripes with GM over some things, but then again I always have. Nothing's perfect, but I won't be caught dead driving a Ford, Dodge, or Toyota truck.

I'm 30 years old and have always stuck with Levi's 505 jeans. Their QC slipped to the point that I had to start trying on each pair before buying. My heart still aches that I switched to factory direct orders from Wrangler, but they fit like I want. After lots of trial and error. I'm still not fully over it. I like my brands.

I love GM trucks to a fault though. That's one I couldn't change. Like my old lady.

I’m also a GM die hard but not to a fault. I considered a Ram before getting my 18. But they had less leg room. I don’t think I could own a Ford though. Never sat in a Toyota.

I wear Lee carpenter jeans with the comfort flex waist. Best damn jeans I’ve ever worn. So ridiculously comfortable.

I know compared to others this is minor, but I'm taking my truck to the dealer later this week for service. Worth bringing up? Truck is a 2015 with 30k miles. 20190917_155122.thumb.jpg.1a0d4567899374dc5b51834d4798bb88.jpg20190917_155101.thumb.jpg.e66381e6abc9c3fc4ce81a6ff6bb2f84.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well, bumper to bumper is typically 3y/36k. Can’t hurt to bring it up. Guess it depends on when you bought it.

I know compared to others this is minor, but I'm taking my truck to the dealer later this week for service. Worth bringing up? Truck is a 2015 with 30k miles. 20190917_155122.thumb.jpg.1a0d4567899374dc5b51834d4798bb88.jpg20190917_155101.thumb.jpg.e66381e6abc9c3fc4ce81a6ff6bb2f84.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have one of those wheels in my garage, never had a tire mounted on it. I'll make you a deal on it if they don't help you out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk