AFM On Above Set Speed

I’ve been running an intune i2 for several years now, and I’ve enjoyed afm completely off. Recently I’ve been wanting to have it on for highway trips. Are there any other options beyond hyper tech that I can set a speed threshold for afm to cut on at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been running an intune i2 for several years now, and I’ve enjoyed afm completely off. Recently I’ve been wanting to have it on for highway trips. Are there any other options beyond hyper tech that I can set a speed threshold for afm to cut on at?

On my 14 I ran M5 unless on the freeway. That kept the cylinder deactivation off until I switch to M6 or drive. Later I turned it off with hypertec.

• Like 1

I needa getta tune to delete the afm since I’ve already swapped cam and lifter n everything else, going Wednesday to getta tune. Been driving in M5 now was driving it in D but I think since it was still

going n to 4cylinder mode it messed up my catalytic converters so I done had to swap the whole y-pipe from a 2018 5.3 but now that I keeping it in M5 I think I’m good for now til I get a tune 

• Like 1

I was wondering the same, as I'm currently using the max energy 2.0 to smooth driveability and maximize economy.  The tunes and other transmission mods cause some kind of timing retard and clunks in the tranny(on my truck at least) so I have it all stock other than the AFM off below <20 mph.

I tried the throttle boost on the max energy and disabled my vitesse controller, but didnt like the way it felt versus the vitesse on sp3.  Pretty happy with how it drives now.

• Like 1

I was able to take the manual mode for about a week before it was a hassle. The Diablo has been great, at time of purchase I was in fu”&k afm completely mode with tunnel vision. Many years later, I wish I would have went with the hyper tech solely to have afm cut on around 55-60 mph. I really can’t justify a new tuner and selling mine just for that, I don’t like afm that much lol. I still get great gas mileage at highway speeds as is for a v8 truck. I was just curious if there were any other options beyond the HT that may be worth a look.

This is a feature I wish all handhelds incorporated.  The Hypertech is the only one I know that can do this short of a custom tune.  

If speed >50 for 45 second or more, then AFM= active.... AFM sucks in stop and go traffic with a lift and bigger tires but i would love it on long road trips.

• Like 1