Any harm in using tow/haul mode during normal driving?

I use tow haul mode just about everytime i drive so i c an hear that sweet flowmaster catback. In regular mode the 8 speed shifts so quick you can barely hear the exhaust. It does almost feel like you are driving a stick.

I have the luxury of knowing a great exhaust guy for 40 years. I’ve had every exhaust combo known to man. If you want the best exhaust comb on the cheap. Put a y in front of or just after the muffler. Run the pipe just on front of the rear tire for easy access. Put a flange with a cap and wing nuts, presto stock or open exhaust. I’ve use super trap adjustable muffles. And side by side exhaust with caps. I didn’t like it loud on trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I have the luxury of knowing a great exhaust guy for 40 years. I’ve had every exhaust combo known to man. If you want the best exhaust comb on the cheap. Put a y in front of or just after the muffler. Run the pipe just on front of the rear tire for easy access. Put a flange with a cap and wing nuts, presto stock or open exhaust. I’ve use super trap adjustable muffles. And side by side exhaust with caps. I didn’t like it loud on trips.

Really showing your age with that post lol!!!  We used to do that on our mustangs back in high school in the 90's.  There was a company that made a muffler that had a dual outlet on it.  One had a removable plate on it and that side of the muffler was straight through so it was like running open exhaust and the other side you mounted your exhaust pipe to and it was like running a full exhaust. 

Crawling under the car to remove that plate got real old real fast.  But hey we thought we were real cool at the street races running open exhaust.  Now that Im older and wiser I realize just how stupid it was and how it sounded like shit and we probably looked like tools.

Really showing your age with that post lol!!!  We used to do that on our mustangs back in high school in the 90's.  There was a company that made a muffler that had a dual outlet on it.  One had a removable plate on it and that side of the muffler was straight through so it was like running open exhaust and the other side you mounted your exhaust pipe to and it was like running a full exhaust. 

Crawling under the car to remove that plate got real old real fast.  But hey we thought we were real cool at the street races running open exhaust.  Now that Im older and wiser I realize just how stupid it was and how it sounded like shit and we probably looked like tools.

I was responding to cut outs. One side is open. I ran full exhaust on my trucks. Usually tuned exhaust. When I got older the wife would go on business trips with me. I would y before the stock muffler. I would run a glass pack exhaust with the stock with a turn down at the bumper, you couldn’t see it. I plated that one. On trips with the wife that side was closed. Later I used super trapps adjustable mufflers. Those are pretty cool.

3 hours ago, Jacoby said:

Wow. I did that to from like 91-95 in South Philly with my 91 mustang. Still have it today. Just alot faster than before. 347, C4 trans brake, Novi2000, Currie 9inch. Boy do I miss it. But family and Class A CDL put a damper on street racing.