P2127 Code Engine Power Reduced with Pedal Commander

I hit the P2127 twice in the past week on my Sierra. GMC Service diagnosed it to a low voltage issue with the pedal assembly and replaced it. I have had the Pedal Commander since December and I don't think this would have caused issue with the pedal assembly. I tried the re-seating of the Pedal Commander before taking it in but it just returned with the same error code. Of course I removed the Pedal commander once I hit this issue the second time and before I took it into service. Has anyone hit an issue with the Pedal commander causing the pedal assembly to fail?

Yes this is common. Pedal commander is junk. Sorry but you just can't cause that signal as they claim and not have a issue. There are ways to trick it to work but if the pcm ever relearns throttle position. It freaks out again. Onlybwhay to sonit right is tune. Then I can just adjust you torque management tables leave you adaptive and change you pe so you have 100% throttle at any rpm. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to do this but it stay in truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just was in the service dept for 2 days. I have a 2018 Sierra SLT, 10,000. miles. I have had power steering go out 3 times and this last one was the engine went into protect mode. On-star report came back and said I lost stabile track and power brakes. It stayed like that for 24 hrs. This last time they removed the Pedal Commander and cleared codes. I have to say I'm getting pretty close to looking into a Lemon Law issue. I love my truck but this is ridiculous, could all this be because of that pedal box?   

Easy solution. Take that pedal commander off and see if the problems continue. If the trouble continues make it's out before going to the dealer. Save yourself and the tech a lot of trouble.

• 3 months later...

I been running PC for about a year and recently it's been throwing the code and goes into limp mode. What's scarry about that is you loose throttle, no matter how hard you press it, nothing happens. I had to pull over, shut off the truck and clear code, then it's fine. 

I love the thing but can't have it throw codes every other day. I had been running the truck without it for few days now and throttle seems soooo slow. I gotten used to the PC feeling lol

I'm going to see if they have a software update available for it.