Mylink and Software Updates.....What's the latest?

So I just bought a 2016 Silverado with the 8" Screen. I was excited because I thought it had Android Auto which I have used for the last 3 years in the Hyundai I had. However, when I plug my phone in, nothing happens. Even in the "Settings" on Mylink, it only shows Apply Carplay and not Android ?

So I watched several videos on Youtube, Read forums, etc and my Screen looks different than others. Is this because of the Software with Mylink? What is the latest update version? How much to get it updated at the dealership if needed?

TRUCK - 2016 Silverado

PHONE - Google Pixel 2 XL

CURRENT MYLINK SOFTWARE - 84028483

Pretty sure if it has one it has the other. I think you can enable and disable them separately in settings. Check there. I’ll look at mine after I get out of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure the module did both when it came out. But I didn’t have a GM when that happened so I can’t be positive. But here are my menu screens:
b1e6ef4132dab01af5fcfe9d349716e5.jpg57ff555f2e1be40efb005897bb1b5fdc.jpgc3cc038fb557977d26088efd4031fdef.jpg6d5890e414432a1113bf8c66b9bb26a9.jpg

• Thanks 1

I also found this from an article when they were being released. Evidently if it had CarPlay it didn’t necessarily also have android auto but sounds like if it had android auto it also always had CarPlay. Weird:
1fad8c2383ae821c45b5dca222917e4f.jpg

• Thanks 1

I have a 2016 Sierra and it has Android Auto, I thought I remembered reading something once that AA was added via update at some point on the 16's.  I bought mine used a little over a year ago and it was on there.  I'd call my local dealership and ask how much that update runs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My truck did not come with AA when I bought it brand new May 2016 . A few months later a software update was released for the nav unit and then I had it. If you call your dealer they can tell you if you can get it or not. Some didn't come with the hardware inside to take advantage of it.  Mine is a factory nav SLT  Hope it helps and you can get it. I use it all the time, its very handy!

Android Auto is added via an update at the dealership. It cost me $90 and it upgraded the GPS and Mylink software. It would have been free for Mylink only, had my truck had a VIN dated end of May 2016. It did have CarPlay prior but has both and works quite well.