Wrecked my truck 16 Silverado

8 hours ago, Imcrazy said:

. Not sure all your specs but, most 2016 loaded LT crew cabs I've looked at in my area lately are at least $30-34k with 30-40k miles..

That's the price I'm seeing here in Minnesota for that truck. I wouldnt expect any more than that.

That would almost pay for on a leftover 2019. 2020's are starting to show up and my local dealer has a ton of 2019's they are dealing on.

Here's a LT Crew $11,500 off. Same as your truck almost.

Screenshot_20190812-061305.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

That's the price I'm seeing here in Minnesota for that truck. I wouldnt expect any more than that.

That would almost pay for on a leftover 2019. 2020's are starting to show up and my local dealer has a ton of 2019's they are dealing on.

Here's a LT Crew $11,500 off. Same as your truck almost.

Screenshot_20190812-061305.png

Sticker

Screenshot_20190812-062215.png

The expression, " make one whole again"  comes to mind.  You may " break even" financially and/or in your mind but don't expect to be in a better situation because of an accident.  I've had an accident or two over my roughly 50 years of driving and I  found the most compensation in knowing how much worse things could have gone.  If there are no potential  injury claims then hopefully the insurance company will sweeten their offer and settle quickly.  

Update: After several days of back and forth, insurance has agreed to pay $31,850.

I decided to replace my truck with a used one. I've searched and searched up to 300 miles from my home and only found 4 or 5 black trucks that were stock factory matches to my truck. Out of those 5 trucks only 2 had a clean car fax report, both were asking around S32,500. The trucks must be selling because the dealers weren't willing to do much on the price. My tuck had 70,000 miles on it, the trucks I'm looking at have around 30,000 miles. Basically I'm giving up my level, custom rims and off road tires for mileage. Is that an fair thing to do, I don't thinks so. I believe I could of sold my truck for $34,000 with high miles the way it sat. I took really good care of it and it was clean. It's hard to put a price on a truck that has been customized, I've learned insurance really doesn't care or value after market parts.

Currently I'm working on a deal for a used truck, once it's complete I'll update this thread.

Edited by Robinson99

I would try to keep the wheels. When I totaled my 15, they were only giving me 400 for the wheels and tires. I wound up taking the money because I was upgrading to a higher trim and they were SLE rims, but if they would have been aftermarket they would have definitely been taken off. It’s likely that if you take the wheels, the price won’t drop that much and you will come out better than if you have to buy them again.

On 8/15/2019 at 2:16 PM, Robinson99 said:

Update: After several days of back and forth, insurance has agreed to pay $31,850.

I decided to replace my truck with a used one. I've searched and searched up to 300 miles from my home and only found 4 or 5 black trucks that were stock factory matches to my truck. Out of those 5 trucks only 2 had a clean car fax report, both were asking around S32,500. The trucks must be selling because the dealers weren't willing to do much on the price. My tuck had 70,000 miles on it, the trucks I'm looking at have around 30,000 miles. Basically I'm giving up my level, custom rims and off road tires for mileage. Is that an fair thing to do, I don't thinks so. I believe I could of sold my truck for $34,000 with high miles the way it sat. I took really good care of it and it was clean. It's hard to put a price on a truck that has been customized, I've learned insurance really doesn't care or value after market parts.

Currently I'm working on a deal for a used truck, once it's complete I'll update this thread.

I am considering selling my black 18, 6.2 with 9k miles. I will PM you my cell number and you can contact if you like.

To wrap up this story, I bought a 2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ midnight edition. My old truck was an LT and pretty loaded, but the LTZ has some upgrades I'm pretty happy with like the memory seats/mirrors and A/C seats, navigation is nice but almost useless with android auto. I've had the new truck for a few days and I'm really happy with it. I tinted the windows and added my old  tonneau cover. I'm going to either level it or lift it, still undecided, after a trip to Indianapolis this weekend I'm not sure if I could fit in a parking garage with a 3.5" lift.

• Like 6