Anyone have a Silverado Custom?

I happened to find one at a close dealership. I went to go look at it today and I liked some and didn’t like some. I was bummed about not having the steering wheel controls but I loved the power tail gate.

Just wanted to get a consensus if others had it and if they liked it.

Also, I have a 2016 All Star with the 4.3L. I’m surprised they pulled the flex fuel capability from the new one.

I actually prefer the look of the Custom.

I really wish they'd put the LT interior features. I'd be all over a Custom with the 6.2L 

Yeah I really liked the look of the custom. Wish it had the nicer headlights and fogs on the outside. I could deal with the non painted door handles.

Love the grill and tail gate. The small bow tie is a nice touch. And the power tailgate is awesome.

I purchased a Custom model about 2 month ago. I thought I would miss the steering controls. I did for about a week. I now just reach over and raise and lower the volume in the center.I also added the fogs and swapped out the halogen bulbs to LED. I get so many compliments on the truck. I have never been asked so many questions about a truck before. I Love mine.

• Like 3

Everyone else is right the custom is pretty bare - no steering wheel controls, no leather, no fog lamps, no heated seats, no crew cab option, etc.

Having said that - the grill and the 20” wheels look ferocious. Plus I haven’t seen any other black customs like mine on the road. I ALWAYS see the LT with the 18” lame rims and chromed out grill.

• Like 1

It's really not that bad to warrant all the complaints it gets online. I absolutely love my trail boss custom. It was close to 10,000 cheaper than the LT boss out the door for me that the dealer could offer.

Its a heck of a value for a sharp looking full size if you ask me. 

• Like 3

It's really not that bad to warrant all the complaints it gets online. I absolutely love my trail boss custom. It was close to 10,000 cheaper than the LT boss out the door for me that the dealer could offer.

Its a heck of a value for a sharp looking full size if you ask me. 

I agree. I was pricing out a Colorado LT and the custom isn’t that much more over it. I love having the full size cab. And I really like the 4.3. I don’t have any issues with it. Wish they would keep the Flex fuel option, but the radio controls is the real killer for me. Every car I’ve had since like 2005 has had them.

I was even willing to have the dealership install them but they said they can’t.

I'm looking to buy a "basic" Custom.  V6 with custom convenience package (remote start and a few other goodies/necessities).  I love the RST features, but the look of the Custom (I am going 20" all terrain wheels which is a $200 option) just does it for me.

I am going to:

1.  replace the center arm rest with the top that has storage

2.  add either the sub or now Chevy has a kit with the sub and DSP module for the stereo.

3.  Change to either LED or "Silverstar or equiv" headlights.  I live in upstate NY and LED's don't melt the snow off of the headlights.

4.  Add a bedliner and then a decent tonneau cover (hard-style that lifts with pneumatic hinges).

5.  Run a usb spitting cable from the cig lighter outlet to the back seat for passenger phones.

I am hoping the V6 is adequate (I am a sports Dad so I am only need to tow a landscape trailer) and gets decent MPG compared to the v8.  I may just also spring for the v8 custom since the extra power and rear exhaust would be really nice to have, but then I am getting close to a discounted RST and more money than I want to spend.

So that's my story...getting prices from local dealers now.  If I go v6 I plan to spend about 34K before tax. 

I'm looking to buy a "basic" Custom.  V6 with custom convenience package (remote start and a few other goodies/necessities).  I love the RST features, but the look of the Custom (I am going 20" all terrain wheels which is a $200 option) just does it for me.

I am going to:
2.  add either the sub or now Chevy has a kit with the sub and DSP module for the stereo.
3.  Change to either LED or "Silverstar or equiv" headlights.  I live in upstate NY and LED's don't melt the snow off of the headlights.
4.  Add a bedliner and then a decent tonneau cover (hard-style that lifts with pneumatic hinges).
5.  Run a usb spitting cable from the cig lighter outlet to the back seat for passenger phones.

I am hoping the V6 is adequate (I am a sports Dad so I am only need to tow a landscape trailer) and gets decent MPG compared to the v8.  I may just also spring for the v8 custom since the extra power and rear exhaust would be really nice to have, but then I am getting close to a discounted RST and more money than I want to spend.

So that's my story...getting prices from local dealers now.  If I go v6 I plan to spend about 34K before tax. 

When I was sitting in the custom, I couldn’t figure out how the hell to open the arm rest. I can’t believe that’s not a standard feature that is standard on all

On 8/5/2019 at 10:54 PM, Cpl_Punishment said:

First I've heard of that... Then again, the U.S. didn't get the crew cab Elevation for 2019 either and Canada did. 

I've seen a few crew cab customs already...non trailboss model ones too. Heck in my lot at work today there was a blue-ish/gray one. Theyre out there. 

16 hours ago, Big Sky Eric said:

I am going to:

Where in upstate? Im in Rochester...i personally found some great dealers at bob johnson on west ridge road. My brother and I purchased RST Crews from them and my future father in law purchased a custom trailboss from them with the v8 and paid 34 w/ tax... So it might be worth trying to hit up the larger dealerships or even simmons rockwell if youre closer to the southern tier. I will say, if at all possible I'd try and deal on an RST....the feature list is nuts compared to the custom for a small difference in reality. Gas millage isnt bad for the v8...considering I came from a 4cyl toyota car. 22-25 on the highway, 15-17 through the city driving. About 390-415 per tank. 

4 hours ago, BlackRST said:

Where in upstate? Im in Rochester...i personally found some great dealers at bob johnson on west ridge road. My brother and I purchased RST Crews from them and my future father in law purchased a custom trailboss from them with the v8 and paid 34 w/ tax... So it might be worth trying to hit up the larger dealerships or even simmons rockwell if youre closer to the southern tier. I will say, if at all possible I'd try and deal on an RST....the feature list is nuts compared to the custom for a small difference in reality. Gas millage isnt bad for the v8...considering I came from a 4cyl toyota car. 22-25 on the highway, 15-17 through the city driving. About 390-415 per tank. 

Hi-I am in Saratoga County just north of Albany.  I agree on the RST, but I just love the front end and 20" rims on the Custom.  I could try to have 20" rims put on an RST I guess though.  Totally agree that the feature set blows the Custom away.

40 minutes ago, Big Sky Eric said:

Hi-I am in Saratoga County just north of Albany.  I agree on the RST, but I just love the front end and 20" rims on the Custom.  I could try to have 20" rims put on an RST I guess though.  Totally agree that the feature set blows the Custom away.

According to the website, you can get 20s on an RST.