Has Anyone Modified the Audio System Yet (Basic or Bose systems)?

I know that the 2019 Silverado & Sierra have changed the way that the Infotainment system communicates to the Bose audio system, making things like the current AmpPRO from PAC Audio and the T-harnesses from Metra and CarAV useless at the moment.

Has anyone gotten into their 2500HD or 3500HD to add a subwoofer or replace the factory speakers? If so, what were you able to use? Did you have to use line level output converters from the amp instead of the clean output from the head unit?

I'm looking to replace all the factory Bose system with Morel Tempo Ultra speakers, Audio Control amplifiers (1x LC-4.800 & 2 x LC-1.1500) and DSP (DM-810), and put a custom box under the seat with 4 DC Audio M3 8's. I would just rather do this without having to cut or T-tap into factory wiring if it can be helped. I'm sure that others on the forum are interested in this information as well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sub is installed and sounds pretty good. Haven't put it to the test yet, still breaking in. As for the location, the sub is now in the center of the cab. Which is nice but now stretches into the driver side. It does leave a little pocket but I fear it'll cause some rattling. 

20191001_172929.jpg

20191001_172915.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 2:29 PM, inquenciocha said:

Sub is installed and sounds pretty good. Haven't put it to the test yet, still breaking in. As for the location, the sub is now in the center of the cab. Which is nice but now stretches into the driver side. It does leave a little pocket but I fear it'll cause some rattling. 

20191001_172929.jpg

20191001_172915.jpg

do you have the Bose system? if so how much do you think it added to the bass? did it extend the low range? or just make all of it louder?

13 minutes ago, bass mechanic said:

do you have the Bose system? if so how much do you think it added to the bass? did it extend the low range? or just make all of it louder?

I do have the Bose with the "7th" speaker/sub.  I wouldn't say it made it any louder but it definitely beefed up the lows.  It's not a JL sub system but it definitely does the trick for a single 10.

• 1 month later...

Looks like NAV-TV has come out with a Zen interface that should allow you to replace the Bose amplifier and have line level out or optical Toslink (S/PDIF) output from the stick 8" head unit. I'm personally interested in what PAC will come out with, but this opens up many possibilities for aftermarket audio.

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT955/zen-avb-gm.html

Edited by ApertureX

• 4 years later...

Thank You @ApertureX and @audio master, for these links. Most informative for upgrading my '24 Bose Muddy Sounding System.

So far replaced the "A" pillar tweeters with Kicker CST20 3/4" Metallic Dome. About 4x louder than stock.

Putting these in the top rear door location as well.

Have Pioneer TS-A709 Two Way 2.75" with Metal Dome Tweeters for the Dash on the way. Another GM owner put these in, and said a huge improvement is sound quality. Stock Bose is just a paper cone.

All 4 doors, putting in Infinity Reference REF-65321X Two Way with Aim-able Tweeters.

Crutchfield Tech said my Bose Amp MAY have an internal Crossover for the Door Speakers, so the Tweeters in these

Infinity's may be of little help for high end improvement.

Cannot do anything about the Three Band EQ. in the Infotainment, unless GM gets head out of sand, with a software upgrade. Only solution is to bypass the Bose Amp, with an aftermarket one, and a 6 channel controller with more EQ.

The Bose in my '03 Tahoe was excellent and needed nothing, my '24 Denali HD, not so much....

Happy New Year to All !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UpDate on my '24 Denali HD with 12 speaker Bose.....Why I was so upset, as I had a Bose system in my '03 Tahoe, and it needed Nothing !!  Was excellent, my new '24 Bose with the Trebel EQ cranked to 100%, was like I still had a ton of Ear Wax.

Replaced the "A" pillars with Kicker Tweeters, Dash Corners with Pioneer A709 Co-Ax. Huge improvement.

Another '24 owner "sswails" used AudioFrogs in these locations with excellent results.

Factory option Kicker Subwoofer for under rear seat,  Beware !!  TWO versions.  Early ones had the capability of adding a Remote Bass Volume Control, with a 17ft. cable.  Chip shortage, forced a re-design, and eliminated this !!  I spoke to Tech's at Kicker confirming this.

They said the early design with Remote Bass Control will resume production "Soon".  ???

Way to tell, is the Amp if capable, has a Rectangular White multi pin Female receptacle, flush with one end, and case is square. Next to that White Recpt. will be a Female 1/8" Din port, to add the remote.

Ones Without Remote Bass, is a Rounded Corner Amp Box, and the main power & speaker connection, is on a short "Whip cable", with a Black Rect. Recpt. Plug. NO Bass Remote !!

I wound up doing a quick add on Kicker 46HS10 "Hide Away" 10"  180 Watt internal amp unit for $370 from Crutchfield. Will fit just about anywhere, and included the Remote Bass Control & Cable.

"sswails" on his '24 Denali / Bose, Tapped into the Right Front Door 6x9 Yellow & Yellow/Black wires, available under the passenger Rear Door Scuff/Rocker plate.

He said the Center Console 6" Sub wires ( Gn/Bk & Bl/Gy ) That signal "Rolla Off" in volume, as the main speaker level increases.

I found having the Remote Bass Control function, is critical to tailor the Sub Level, for different music. The Front Door 6x9's will loose a lot of Tone, using the Dash Bose EQ to control the Total system Bass.

"sswails" used a JL Audio Dual 10"  Sub under the rear seat.  I still need the storage for business stuff, so the "All in One"  Kicker "Hide Away" with integrated amp, worked out best in my application.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 5:55 PM, Kerry Pulaski said:

If you search "Tweeters" in the  Forum, should come across the extreme detail "sswails" and I did , working on Bose Speaker Replacements, adapters, etc. Lots of info and pix.

I was looking to do a possible upgrade to my trucks stereo. I don’t have Bose at all. I was looking to do a 5 channel amp which would power four speakers plus a sub channel. Where is a good place to look online for plug and play adapters? 

I used to install systems in all my vehicles and used to just replace the whole headunit but I’m not doing that anymore. So I’m sure I’ll still have to run power to the battery through firewall and can ground be mounted to a cleaned off bolt somewhere in the cab? What about the turn on lead? They used to always be blue back in the day. 

do both front and rear doors run 6x9’s or 6.5”?

thanks for any help guys

Edited by Pryme

@Pryme, Give Crutchfield a call.  I got a lot of great tech info from "Hunter", his direct line is : 434.218.6124.

I think you have a WT Chev., with base radio, I have no exp. with. But "T" plug in harness adaptors are available for most vehicles, to not have to cut into a head unit wire harness, to add amps etc.. I saw one listing from the company NAV-ZEN. There are a few others, T-Harness.com, and LLJ Custom Stereo.  Pre-made harnesses, and even made to order custom.

Most improvement in my truck was the "A" Pillar tweeters and Dash Corners speakers, that added clarity and stereo separation. Front door 6x9's do have a full range signal, so a Co-Ax would brighten it up as well.

My Denali also has tweeters in the top of the rear doors. I replaced those Bose with Kickers, and now I can hear them.

18 minutes ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

@Pryme, Give Crutchfield a call.  I got a lot of great tech info from "Hunter", his direct line is : 434.218.6124.

I think you have a WT Chev., with base radio, I have no exp. with. But "T" plug in harness adaptors are available for most vehicles, to not have to cut into a head unit wire harness, to add amps etc.. I saw one listing from the company NAV-ZEN. There are a few others, T-Harness.com, and LLJ Custom Stereo.  Pre-made harnesses, and even made to order custom.

Most improvement in my truck was the "A" Pillar tweeters and Dash Corners speakers, that added clarity and stereo separation. Front door 6x9's do have a full range signal, so a Co-Ax would brighten it up as well.

My Denali also has tweeters in the top of the rear doors. I replaced those Bose with Kickers, and now I can hear them.

Good info! Thanks I’ll look into that. 

yeah I have the dash speakers and doors so I think 6 total. Actually pretty clear stock I’ve heard much worse stock.