fender markers-

23 hours ago, bharris515 said:

Can anybody tell from the pics on the website if they should just pop in and out or if fender needs to be removed?

I believe it's a T20 screw holding the lights in, but I was using a T15 as that's what I had out to remove my wheel housing liners and mudflaps.  It was a little wobbly, so I'm pretty sure it's a T20.

If you use a 1/4" drive ratchet with a T20 bit, you can pop open the hood and reach behind each fender on the front to get those out.  Slide the red secondary lock backwards on each clip, then depress the release tab to pull the connector off the lights.

The rears, if you remove the fender liners might be able to be accessed and removed.  I didn't check when I did my swap to the painted flares.

If you have to remove the fender flares, you'll want to have extra clips on hand for reinstalling them.  Some will undoubtedly break. 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, bharris515 said:

So my aftermarket fender lamps I ordered are coming tomorrow so I started taking my orange ones out. Kicker is I have to open up the orange ones to get the OEM led strip out to use with my aftermarket smoked ones. I cant figure out for the life of me how to open these up. Any ideas???

IMG_1092.HEIC 1.5 MB · 2 downloads IMG_1091.HEIC 1.82 MB · 1 download

C08F33B4-DA0A-485E-9DF7-880FAD243A00.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, bharris515 said:

C08F33B4-DA0A-485E-9DF7-880FAD243A00.jpeg

@bharris515 Did you figure out how to open the factory markers to access the LED? I am kind of waiting on your results before purchasing the frosted lens set of markers with white background (I have the White Frost Tricoat fenders installed).

Edited by Tecate

10 hours ago, Tecate said:

@bharris515 Did you figure out how to open the factory markers to access the LED? I am kind of waiting on your results before purchasing the frosted lens set of markers with white background (I have the White Frost Tricoat fenders installed).

Basically it cant be done unless you really know what you're doing. I had supreme retroz put mine together but I'm not even using them. I actually just ended up tinting my stock lights. With that being said I have a set of 4 black on black fender lights if anyones interested. 150 OBO. Can send pics if interested!

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, bharris515 said:

Basically it cant be done unless you really know what you're doing. I had supreme retroz put mine together but I'm not even using them. I actually just ended up tinting my stock lights. With that being said I have a set of 4 black on black fender lights if anyones interested. 150 OBO. Can send pics if interested!

Well that is not encouraging. Thanks for the response.