fender markers-

10 hours ago, BB&Chiveon said:

whats best to blacken gmc emblems ?

Probably already know this.... But in case.... GM offers black emblems (Chevy probably does too but I haven't looked) ... For both tailgate styles... Pricey though.. Probably more cost effective solutions available. 

https://accessories.gmc.com/product/2020/GMC/Sierra 2500 HD/front-and-rear-gmc-emblem-in-black-for-vehicles-with-multipro™-tailgate-84364354?categoryId=12002

• 2 weeks later...

You can shoot light  coats of Plasti Dip on the fender side markers, and emblems also.

VHT makes a Nite-Shades spray on tint.

There are also plenty of YouTube resources on both VHT and how to tint with Plasti Dip.

I've had excellent results in the past with the Testors Transparent Window Tint followed by Testors Clear.  It can be found in small aerosol cans in the model car section at Walmart.  I've probly done a dozen sets of tail lights using these products.  Just do proper prep, apply light coats to achieve the darkness you want, and clear for protection.

10 minutes ago, firedab said:

Not sure what it is, I asked to tint them and my tint guy said he can't use regular tint, needs to apply vinyl. 

thanks - my window  tint guy didn't have vinyl - i asked 

2 hours ago, firedab said:

Vinyl applied, subtle difference, but from far and lights off, blends in well with the black...

IMG_3772.jpeg

IMG_3773.jpeg

IMG_3774.jpeg

what vinyl tint?

So I decided to try my hand at this. Quickly learned I am not very good at it. Used a peel and stick vinyl headlight tint. Results are ok, not great, but ok for now. I have a few small bubbles/creases so I will probably redo them another day.

20190904_191944.jpg