In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Carl Gordulic

Speakers in GMC Multi-function tailgate

Has anyone installed the kicker speaker system in the Multi-function tailgate?  If so just wandering how difficult or if you had to take to a dealer.

Thanks,

I think it would be pretty cool for the beach or tailgating.  Normally I throw a boombox in the back but have limited space.

I think a boom box would sound better and not kill the trucks battery. For $600 you could buy a great boom box a generator a TV and a refrigerator.

Edited by Mountain boy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Gutzy
      I'm looking to get a soft roll up tonneau cover for my 2019 trail boss. I was at the dealer last night and they were telling me that since the 2019 trail boss has the auto open tailgate that you have to go with the GM version of the tonneau cover and that the other branded covers prevent you from utilizing the auto open feature. Does anyone know if this is the case. and if so has anyone ever had the GM tonneau cover? is it good quality?
      I have always been an access guy but would still like to still be able to use the auto tailgate open feature. does anyone have any experience with this? does anyone have  the lorado access cover on their silverado and still able to use the auto open feature?
    • By Barry Boswell
      Something that should be noted. I have now had experience with three Chevy/GMC trucks. Every time it rains/snows the speakers, sometimes the windows, side mirror controls won't work for 2-5 days, not until the inside of the doors dry out. Even with the weatherpfoofing foam panel that supposedly seals the interior of the door cavity, moisture still penetrates the space, shorts the various components. My friends work truck, door speakers could be counted on to stop playing after every rain or snowfall for 3-5 days. Once dried out-no problem, everything worked fine again. Noticed same thing on girlfriends truck and another friends personal truck.
      Just wanted everyone to be aware, this is definitely an issue with our Chevy/GMC Trucks. If something suddenly stops working in the door, dry out with a blow dryer or wait several days before you buy speakers or other parts to fix a problem. You may just need to pop you door panel and add some silicone sealant here and there. Did that with girlfriends truck. Fixed speakers going out intermittently.
    • By Tom Taylor
      I noticed when towing a trailer with a trailer mounted crank jack (tongue jack bolted onto the trailer) that the large tailgate on my 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab strikes the trailer crank jack when opened.  It appears the tailgate is much larger than older models so that when the gate opens, it actually hits the trailer mounted crank jack handle and could cause damage to the finish of the tailgate.  This seems to be a design flaw with this tailgate.  Something everyone should be aware of on the 2019 Silverado.  I don't think there is any solution to this issue.
    • By vancealot29
      Anyone have any luck with tailgate letter inserts?  Was interested in getting some, but wasn't sure what color to go with on my Northsky Blue Metallic.  White might make it pop, but the silver/aluminum or American flag might look cool too.  Any pictures on yours might help me as well.  Thanks in advance.
    • By Tburd
      Does anybody know what the 2019 Sierra body parts are made from? The doors, hood and tailgate seem to be made of some type of composite material. I'm having it rustproofed and just am curious.