OEM Paint Matched Fender Flares

3 hours ago, spm1us said:

Looking at swapping my black factory wheel arch moldings on my new 2500 HD SLT for the Summit White painted moldings. I am looking for tips and advice to remove the originals - what tools did you use and any suggestions to prevent damage to the paint/body. Thanks in advance for your help!!! Y'all stay safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

first of all, good luck finding summit white flares. they are on indefinite backorder. I have been trying for a couple of months now. they have a new part number and that is not available yet.

now, it is a pain in the ass to take the flares off and keep the clips intact. they break very easily. there are 23 clips per flare. 3 different types. 19 of them are $6 each at the dealer, and they are super hard to get. 

New flares come with all the clips

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a '21 3500HD AT4.  It's black, and am wondering what the painted black part# is?  Honestly, I fight with whether to leave the flat black stock ones on as I think it breaks it up and looks more rugged on a black truck.  Thoughts?

So update:

The summit white flares are not available anywhere. they do have a new part number, but there is 0 stock of those.

The local accessories warehouse does have 5 sets of summit white flares in stock. However, they are not allowed to sell them. They are on LPO hold and have no ETA of availability.

The dealer can get the pre-primed, ready to paint flares for me. They are the same price as the painted, but I am trying to get them to honor the 25% accessories discount.

The body shop I use, says they would be about $400 to paint them. They will not touch the textured flares

So I am looking at about $925 or so to get a set of painted fender flares. Should I do it??

So update:
The summit white flares are not available anywhere. they do have a new part number, but there is 0 stock of those.
The local accessories warehouse does have 5 sets of summit white flares in stock. However, they are not allowed to sell them. They are on LPO hold and have no ETA of availability.

The dealer can get the pre-primed, ready to paint flares for me. They are the same price as the painted, but I am trying to get them to honor the 25% accessories discount.
The body shop I use, says they would be about $400 to paint them. They will not touch the textured flares

So I am looking at about $925 or so to get a set of painted fender flares. Should I do it??
That's a ridiculous price to pay. Did you check shopchevyparts.com I got my frost white tricoat ones from there in September. Was supposedly on a backorder but they shipped them asap and blew away everyone else's price

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, doozer78 said:

That's a ridiculous price to pay. Did you check shopchevyparts.com I got my frost white tricoat ones from there in September. Was supposedly on a backorder but they shipped them asap and blew away everyone else's price

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

yep tried them. They keep moving the backorder date back. 

On 12/13/2020 at 10:44 AM, kylant said:

So update:

I had a body shop smooth and paint mine for $800.  Look factory.

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2020 at 1:29 PM, ShogunKC said:

Does anyone know if the paint matched fender flares would fit on a Dually truck? 

Noticed a couple of days ago that at the shopchevyparts.com website updated the fender flare description saying that it does NOT fit dually trucks. Guess I'm going to have to go the painted route. 

image.thumb.png.812f1372b8edbc3305387f263fd21965.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 5:23 PM, Ditrymax said:

Cost me $1500 for my paint matched fender flares and mudflaps. Mudflaps are gatorback and fender flares are bush wacker. Had them painted and installed by a local body shop. 

B7D7D64C-6F40-49FA-9069-5AF4696140FD.jpeg

03D4DA6D-4341-4034-873E-F74688FF94DB.jpeg

Nice look, Do you have pictures from the front on and/or slightly off to the left or right?

7 hours ago, KTDanforth said:

Nice look, Do you have pictures from the front on and/or slightly off to the left or right?

Yes i do. Here you are. I have also added a backrack. I suggest you get paint protect film before you install the fender flares 

5E834DB5-1144-4944-8D06-0EC19931F520.jpeg

14 hours ago, Ditrymax said:

Yes i do. Here you are. I have also added a backrack. I suggest you get paint protect film before you install the fender flares 

5E834DB5-1144-4944-8D06-0EC19931F520.jpeg

Nice, they added the curves back to the sides of truck that the new design kind of took away.  Another new project.