OEM Paint Matched Fender Flares

On 9/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, JB23 said:

I passed through Fresno last week and the dealer there had two sets of flares on display (I don’t recall the colors - one was definitely white), but they are willing to sell them off the wall. 

what dealer was this?

thanks

On 9/16/2020 at 8:33 AM, swaptrex14 said:

That’s tempting to call them but I bet from a dealer they’re a lot more than $495.  Hopefully mine will get shipped soon.

That’s a steal at 495.00. I will say, that they did honor the 15% off coupon that GM was offering to owners on the accessories page. 

I can't get a straight answer...

accessories website does not show them anymore.

local dealer says they are available, I placed order on saturday. I was not convinced they are available, but the guy said they were 

today I call another local dealer to see if they have them in stock. No, and he also says they are "red flagged" by GM with no ETA of availability

So, I call the dealer that I ordered them from on Saturday. Talk to another parts guy, He says they are available, and they should receive them on Wednesday ??‍♂️

10 hours ago, kylant said:

I can't get a straight answer...

accessories website does not show them anymore.

local dealer says they are available, I placed order on saturday. I was not convinced they are available, but the guy said they were 

today I call another local dealer to see if they have them in stock. No, and he also says they are "red flagged" by GM with no ETA of availability

So, I call the dealer that I ordered them from on Saturday. Talk to another parts guy, He says they are available, and they should receive them on Wednesday ??‍♂️

Did you try the Fresno dealership, Kylant? The parts guy did say to me that supposedly, GM was trying to get them back for 2021 builds since they will be offered as a standard option...

Now, I don’t know how true that actually is, but all of the sudden they have ALL disappeared and are impossible to find. 

9 hours ago, JB23 said:

Did you try the Fresno dealership, Kylant? The parts guy did say to me that supposedly, GM was trying to get them back for 2021 builds since they will be offered as a standard option...

Now, I don’t know how true that actually is, but all of the sudden they have ALL disappeared and are impossible to find. 

i didn't call them. I am kind of stuck right now since I paid for them at the local dealer. If they don't show up on Wednesday, I will get more clarity and see if they are actually available. if not, i will get a refund and call Fresno

update:

flares did not show up yesterday. after 2 calls today I was finally told they are available, but the are on a LPO hold with no estimated ETA. Basically they are holding all painted flares in order to put them on new trucks. 

the only ones available are carbon black and cajon red tintcoat. both of which, i believe, are discontinued colors for next year

2021 2500 order guide 

SF6         LPO, Body color wheel arch moldings, (dealer-installed)
1 -  Requires exterior paint (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Onyx Black, (GSK) Cayenne Red Tintcoat or (GAN) Quicksilver Metallic. Not available with (ZW9) pickup bed delete, (VQK) front and rear Black molded splash guards, LPO or (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO. 
2 -  Requires exterior paint (GAZ) Summit White, (G1W) White Frost Tricoat, (GBA) Onyx Black, (GSK) Cayenne Red Tintcoat or (GAN) Quicksilver Metallict. Not available with (ZW9) pickup bed delete, (VQK) front and rear Black molded splash guards, LPO or (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO. 
3 -  Requires exterior paint (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Onyx Black or (GSK) Cayenne Red Tintcoat. Not available with (VQK) front and rear Black molded splash guards, LPO or (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO. 
4 -  Requires exterior paint (GAZ) Summit White, (G1W) White Frost Tricoat, (GBA) Onyx Black, (GSK) Cayenne Red Tintcoat, (GAN) Quicksilver Metallic or (GCI) Carbon Black Metallic. Not available with (VQK) front and rear Black molded splash guards, LPO or (PDH) GMC Interior Protection Package, LPO. 

1, 2, 3, and 4 are trim levels  -  SLE, SLT, AT4 and Denali

They show not available on base Sierra. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, Spangled said:

I took my truck to my local body shop and we matched it with paint chips. I went with a tri coat paint which was a little more pricey but I thought it matched the best

20200723_201615.jpg

did you or your body shop smooth the flares first?

I may have an extra set that I will take to the body shop and have them painted if the price is not too high

thanks

40 minutes ago, kylant said:

did you or your body shop smooth the flares first?

I may have an extra set that I will take to the body shop and have them painted if the price is not too high

thanks

I purchased the primered/ready to paint flares from GMC Accessories. I'm not sure what they did to them to prep them but I doubt there was much sanding involved, they were fairly smooth to begin with. They used a tri coat paint ($$) and I think the total to paint all four was about $450. 

24 minutes ago, Spangled said:

I purchased the primered/ready to paint flares from GMC Accessories. I'm not sure what they did to them to prep them but I doubt there was much sanding involved, they were fairly smooth to begin with. They used a tri coat paint ($$) and I think the total to paint all four was about $450. 

thank you.

do you happen to have the part number for the primed flares? I cannot find it anywhere