Thoughts on price & Condition please

I am going to look at '70 c10 this weekend. The pics look like it's in decent condition minus some what appears to be minor rust here and there. Owner says it passed inspection very recently. Has been upfront providing more pics of rust issues. I am attending welding school, and have been a mechanic my entire life, so I should be able to handle most issues eventually. I wanted to get opinions on what folks think of the condition of this truck and what you would pay. Biggest problem I have buying old cars and trucks is knowing what to offer without offending someone. part of that may be that I don't have a good idea of actual worth.

C10 (1).jpg

C10 (2).jpg

C10 (3).jpg

C10 (4).jpg

C10 (5).jpg

C10 (6).jpg

C10 (7).jpg

Edited by LagunaGlide

It sits nice. Seat and motor look newer. I don't see any OMG dents. Looks like one I'd buy to restore and if that were my goal and given the fact it PASSED inspection I'd be inclined to give him his ask. You look at the price of used vintage trucks lately? Even if your goal is a daily driver you wouldn't get hurt if the motor fell out on the way home. Looks as if he knows it's value and took reasonable care of it. Now you have to determine it's worth....to you. 

That said when you do the up close and personal give the frame a REAL GOOD structural good look. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I know it's worth what I am willing to spend or what I think it's worth to me, but I am not always sure my value on it is "correct" or reasonable. I honestly had a feeling that his price was pretty reasonable, but not necessarily a steal.

Thought I would update in case anyone was interested. I bought the truck. It has a bit of self lubricating chassis going on, but all appears to be easy fixes. There was some rust that was a bit worse than the pics look, but the cap corners and mounts were decent. The first thing I am going to do is make it less drippy, and stop the rust from spreading. Runs and drives really well. I also got the price down about $1000 from the asking price. 

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, LagunaGlide said:

Thought I would update in case anyone was interested. I bought the truck. It has a bit of self lubricating chassis going on, but all appears to be easy fixes. There was some rust that was a bit worse than the pics look, but the cap corners and mounts were decent. The first thing I am going to do is make it less drippy, and stop the rust from spreading. Runs and drives really well. I also got the price down about $1000 from the asking price. 

I was going to say, meet him, get a feel and offer $3500.00.

Always easier to start low (without insulting the seller), and work your way higher.

Good job and congratulations on buying a piece of American history!

• Like 1