In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

bigrb

Android Auto stopped working 2019 Silverado Custom 1500

Got my Custom Crew cab just over a month ago, live the truck and coming from an '11 pilot love the features, minimal as they are ..one highlight was Android auto; allowed me to save a few $$ and use my pixel 2xl for nav and whatnot. Used it liberally with one cord all through the past month, but right around the 17th, the head unit stopped recognizing my phone...phone charges through the cord, but the head unit won't recognize it's ugged in and Android auto won't run...tried several other cords, a reset of the head unit, and other phones to no avail....any tips or ideas? Really weird because it worked GREAT for the first few weeks, had a couple days of intermittent connection, and now it's gone baby, gone...it's turned on on the head unit settings, too..

Anybody have similar issue?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have not, maybe try disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and see if that resets something

I just got a 2020 2500HD and I can't get my Pixel 2XL to connect to it either. The truck screen says Checking for phone messages but then it won't connect and says to Retry or Cancel. I need to dig into it some more.

Did you have any luck finding a solution?

Tried new cables, reset the head unit, different phones, even iPhone for car play...no luck...I am going to try to clean the USB port one more time, if that doesn't work, I reckon I gotta bring in for service appt and see if the plug is jacked up

I've been having multiple Infotainment problems and have been back to the dealer multiple times. Mine is a 2019 new style Sierra 1500 Create Cab SLT+ with the 6.2 and X31 package.

The dealer upgraded the software twice already and we're waiting on doing a 3rd software upgrade.

GOOD LUCK

Steve

Can anyone explain to me why AA even exists? Yes I know we shouldn't hold our phones and look when driving, but is actually less disrupting than using the "radio", for me. 

Android Auto has many excellent features.

You can use it to play Pandora music and even switch stations or artists with a voice command.

I can turn on/off lights in my home, alter the temperature of my home, even turn on the sprinkler system and more.

If you can activate something with the Android Assistant, it will work with Android Auto.

And YES .... I get road maps with traffic

so, here's an update...really weird update...earlier this week, my pixel updated to android 10. AA still wasnt working, and i had given up on it. on a whim the other day i went back to the original cable i had used when it worked in July (said cable did NOT work for over month, and i had been using a newer hjgher rated cable to charge phone) soon as i plugged it in AA started up on the infotainment sytem and my phone. works great now, i have tye new interface and all...but ONLY with that cheapo home depot cable! my anker cables and the OG pixel cables dont work, just my cheapo cable will get AA to run...only thing i changed was the phone update and now it works .,but only with that ONE cable...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hmm,  my Pixel 3xl suddenly quit connecting to my 2019 Silverado.

Tried new cable, reboot, clear app cache but no luck.

Looks like it is not uncommon. Hopefully, someone will come up with a clear fix.

I had something similar happen as well with my Note 9. I ended up switching cables, and doing a reinstall of the Android Auto application.

Don't know what fixed it 1st, bit it's working again.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Mine turns on fo a split second then it turns off on the screen but my phone says it's still running and connected. Works fine in my wife's Kia so thinking it has to be something with the USB port or the head unit in my truck. Goes in Monday for first service so I will see what they say.

These radio's are all still fussy. I use both Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

There's just moments the radio wants noting to do with the phones.

re-booting the phones while connected fixes them some times.

I have pulled the battery connector  a few times to just reset it all.

9/10 times this has to do with your phones charging port. Sadly they are the weakest link in the whole transaction. Chincy cables have a tendency to mar the charging port. If you ever plugged your phone in and it was like tougher to plug in than normal, but you just pushed it in anyway...stuff like that over time degrades the charge port. I replaced the charging port on my Android phone that I was having android auto issues with, and now it works perfect again. I'm sticking with only manufacturer cables from here on out. 

• Like 2

Agree.

I now only use Anker and Aukey cables now.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk