Mileage from previous test drives

Donstar

7 hours ago, lebag335 said:

My TB LT was a dealer trade from near Houston all the way up to Amarillo. It had about 700 miles on it by the time they drove it up, but those seemed like good break-in road miles. Zero mechanical issues thus far. 

Yup, mine was from Texas in order to get it to the original dealership it was 200-300 miles.  By the time it was trucked to my dealership and couple days to go over it from roof to road for delivery it was 367 miles.  Was never even taken out for test spin on original dealers lot.  Texas is freaking big man!

Edited by mookdoc6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

Under 500 or so miles I don't really care.

Unless a salesman borrowed it for the week to load up the family and tow his camper down to the river and then back up the mountain. Salesmen warming up and driving cause more damage than clueless customers. In 500 miles a determined idiot on a test drive or careless salesman can inflict a lot of damage that may cause future problems.

5 hours ago, Thomcat said:

Unless a salesman borrowed it for the week to load up the family and tow his camper down to the river and then back up the mountain. Salesmen warming up and driving cause more damage than clueless customers. In 500 miles a determined idiot on a test drive or careless salesman can inflict a lot of damage that may cause future problems.

Is that a problem in your area? Where I live, not many people have campers, so I don't see it being an issue. It also seems pretty unprofessional.

Edited by Mandalorian
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 7:50 PM, Mandalorian said:

Under 500 or so miles I don't really care.

23 hours ago, Thomcat said:

500 miles on a new domestic vehicle will put it into demo status, imo, and would need to be priced accordingly.  (I know there are exceptions when these miles were a direct result of a dealer transfer or other known reason.)  I buy new knowing that the cause of any problems are limited to me or the manufacturer.  I appreciate short or long term damage resulting from previous test pilots is usually non-existent or unrecognizable but this comfort diminishes rapidly for me within the first few miles/kms.   My current truck had 33 kms (20) miles and even that got my attention ? A truck with <10 kms on the odometer will always have a high ranking on my priority list!