How do u watch videos in your truck

10 minutes ago, LunkerHunter said:

I spent $80 on a used iPhone SE. upgraded to iOS 12.4 and jailbreaked it. There’s a jailbreak app called CarBridge that lets you use any app through CarPlay. Just tested ESPN app and it works a treat.

Better hurry though, Apple may stop supporting upgrades or downgrades to iOS 12.4 soon since iOS 12.4.1 is available and blocks the jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do u have to jailbreak it or just download that app?

Any way to do this for android?  But besides to jailbreak a phone, nothing supports it.  But the video module works no matter what. Then dont you have to connect your phone via hotspot for the iphone se? I know its not hard, but it takes a minute to setup. The module is alot of money, but I plug my phone in, push the menu button on the dash and select hdmi. Done. It also can be wireless, but that takes a minute select as well. I just like simple and easy. Even if it costs more.

Edited by RACERX7775

9 hours ago, 2018GMC said:

Any option to listen to XM while video plays? 

Video sound comes through bluetooth headphones for the kids?

Probably not possible but thought I'd ask.

Look into those head rests that just get replaced with OEM ones, then you have 2 screens both independent or combined with BT sound and you keep your screen to yourself.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Black-9-HD-Digital-Active-Car-Pillow-Video-Headrest-Monitor-DVD-Player-Game/112418809892?hash=item1a2caee824:g:KzMAAOSwIQdZJoyY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x7-HD-Car-Digital-Headrest-Monitor-USB-TV-IR-SD-Video-HDMI-Game-DVD-Player/202704315138?hash=item2f321e6302:g:x28AAOSw5nJc~234

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ozer said:

Can you connect those head rest to the 8in factory screen?

Can you connect those head rest to the 8in factory screen?
I think for the sound you can but not sure about picture. There are other tablet style ones that get power from cigarette lighter socket and is removable, gets mounted on the headrest bars.
Look on ebay and YouTube the installation, maybe you can find the answer

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

As if we don't have enough distractions as it is with people on their phones now they want this. I am constantly losing more and more faith in humanity...

Here is an idea, get a rear set up so they can actually see it comfortably and you aren't distracted driving with your kids in the car? Or I guess buying the big safe truck was just a cover?

Tyler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

As if we don't have enough distractions as it is with people on their phones now they want this. I am constantly losing more and more faith in humanity...

Here is an idea, get a rear set up so they can actually see it comfortably and you aren't distracted driving with your kids in the car? Or I guess buying the big safe truck was just a cover?

Tyler

Or, you can just not be out on the roads... ever. Stay locked up in your house where its safe..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Distracted driving csn be caused by anything. Thinking about something going on, eating, kids yelling in the back seat, a phone call, a bee in the truck, anything. I get tour point though.  About buying a big safe truck??  Yeah. A big safe truck.. like this poor guy in his silverado?

Screenshot_20190905-094244_Gallery.jpg

There are many alternatives to entertaining kids in the vehicle. electronic and otherwise.  The ability to play videos on the dash screen is simply for the entertainment of the driver.  I like adding exterior camera views to inform my driving but the temptation to view a video playing is something few can resist.  The reason that having a movie/video playing in your line of vision has been a safe experience is more of a case of luck than driving skill.  Driving requires your undivided attention.  Thinking otherwise reflects a lack of experience.

Edited by Donstar

This is why I no longer ride my motorcycle in towns or heavily trafficked areas .

Back in the sixties when I first started riding, I felt relatively sure that car drivers were paying attention. I did see a women reading something while driving at 60mph, the woman looking in the rear view mirror putting her makeup on, or that guy I saw eating cereal. But those sightings were rare

These days there are people on drugs other than the usual alcohol and there are people with a drug called cell phones. The danger is increased by the lack of responsibility people assume.

Now we want to watch movies while driving “to entertain the kids”. So, when the kids are not in the vehicle what do we watch? I suggest that we watch the road.

When I had little kids, I talked with them. We talked about who would win a fight – Batman or Spider man, Superman or Iron Man, etc. I talked with them about school, their friends and whatever else they wanted to talk about. Sometimes I told them to watch for the Dairy Queen and when they saw one, I would stop and get them some ice cream . We made up stories and teased each other but we talked. When they fell asleep and re-awakened at the destination, I told them they went through the warp zone on Mario Brothers – and yes, I played video games with them at home.

Don’t even get me started on leaving the kids in a hot car. How in Heaven do you forget your kids? What the heck is wrong with people? If you can’t remember that your kids are in the car, you should not have kids or a car for that matter.

If you want to watch movies, go to a theatre otherwise pay attention to the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim McMullen said:

This is why I no longer ride my motorcycle in towns or heavily trafficked areas .

Back in the sixties when I first started riding, I felt relatively sure that car drivers were paying attention. I did see a women reading something while driving at 60mph, the woman looking in the rear view mirror putting her makeup on, or that guy I saw eating cereal. But those sightings were rare

These days there are people on drugs other than the usual alcohol and there are people with a drug called cell phones. The danger is increased by the lack of responsibility people assume.

Now we want to watch movies while driving “to entertain the kids”. So, when the kids are not in the vehicle what do we watch? I suggest that we watch the road.

When I had little kids, I talked with them. We talked about who would win a fight – Batman or Spider man, Superman or Iron Man, etc. I talked with them about school, their friends and whatever else they wanted to talk about. Sometimes I told them to watch for the Dairy Queen and when they saw one, I would stop and get them some ice cream . We made up stories and teased each other but we talked. When they fell asleep and re-awakened at the destination, I told them they went through the warp zone on Mario Brothers – and yes, I played video games with them at home.

Don’t even get me started on leaving the kids in a hot car. How in Heaven do you forget your kids? What the heck is wrong with people? If you can’t remember that your kids are in the car, you should not have kids or a car for that matter.

If you want to watch movies, go to a theatre otherwise pay attention to the road.

....in the perfect world with the absolute perfect driver.... which there are none.

Has anyone sneezed while they are driving. Well, for that 1 second, you cant look at the road. 

Has anyone not gone 1 mph over the speed limit.. ever??? Laws are there for reasons. Does everyone not break a law or traffic infringement almost every day.....Do you 100% stop at every stop sign?  Bull...if everyone says that they do.  Ooooo, not being a safe driver, acting wreckless.... 

There are different ways to tell this story.

No matter what, people will do what ever they want. People drink and drive, do they know they might kill somebody? But they still do it. Nobody thinks about the consequences of doing anything until it happens.

This topic has come up so many times. People who complain shouldnt reply.  Simple... sorry for the rant..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1