Just ordered sub.. Should I DSP or LOC?

I just ordered 

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_142893_JL-Audio-Stealthbox-SB-GM-3GSLVCNSL-10TW1.html

and to power it

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_97403_JL-Audio-XD300-1v2.html

I have a 2015 without bose.  For now, I'm just looking to add the sub.  In the future I might mess with the speakers.

Anyway my question is, is it necessary to spend the money on a DSP?  Such as the axxess, fosgate one I've seen talked about on here.. it seems most people do that just because of the chime issue (which shouldnt be a problem as a subwoofer) or can I get away with just tapping into the speaker lines for a high output line?

15 minutes ago, Jglew82 said:

I used an Audiocontrol LC2i tapped into my speakers to run my sub. Everything else is factory. Works great. 

My amp already has high level input, though.. so I should in theory be able to run the speaker wire directly to that without the Audiocontrol is what Im thinking.

Let us know how this turns out. I to have that weak non bose and tried tapping into the rear speakers without a dsp. Sucked. A sub and amp that would normally make the cab vibrate massively had less out put then your current amp. Looking into the jl 360 i believe it is or something to keep the bass line flat and boost the signal to atleast 3/4th the volume. 

21 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Let us know how this turns out. I to have that weak non bose and tried tapping into the rear speakers without a dsp. Sucked. A sub and amp that would normally make the cab vibrate massively had less out put then your current amp. Looking into the jl 360 i believe it is or something to keep the bass line flat and boost the signal to atleast 3/4th the volume. 

Hmm, did you use a LOC or just hook up straight to the amps high input?  Maybe I should just use a dsp

2 hours ago, Maxsuperdog said:

Jlaudio

XD-CLRAIC2-SW

I would use these and get the remote bass knob for that amp.

Yeah this is what I was going to do, but it seems people are recommending to go with DSP.  If I'm already spending 1k plus on this setup I might as well just not cheap out on this part.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

What do you suggest? The signal needs to be boosted and cleaned up

LC2i LOC tapped into your rear speakers. That's what I'm running and it sounds fantastic. 

Edited by Jglew82
  • Like 1