Anyone using Amazon Oil?

18 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Good point but, some people are just not interested in learning anything outside of their comfort zone emoji6.png
And then there are those that love to learn and make changes for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to make this a debate post because the OP didn't want that, but I will say I will never use Amsoil products as long as I live.  Both my dad and I used it in our 2013 F150's and the motor burned through the oil pretty quickly.  Didn't even have 1500 miles on it and had to add a quart. If you don't believe me then look it up because come to find out MANY F150 owners have complained about the same thing and the Amsoil rep I talked to about it said well I wouldn't put Amsoil in it anymore than.  

On the original topic I will definitely try this oil out after I get my year long free oil changes from buying my truck.  Thanks for the post! 

Hate to make this a debate post because the OP didn't want that, but I will say I will never use Amsoil products as long as I live.  Both my dad and I used it in our 2013 F150's and the motor burned through the oil pretty quickly.  Didn't even have 1500 miles on it and had to add a quart. If you don't believe me then look it up because come to find out MANY F150 owners have complained about the same thing and the Amsoil rep I talked to about it said well I wouldn't put Amsoil in it anymore than.  

On the original topic I will definitely try this oil out after I get my year long free oil changes from buying my truck.  Thanks for the post! 

That’s amazing! Being an Amsoil and redline dealer I’ve never seen that. I’ve been one since the 90s along with operating and selling 100s of land clearing equipment. Using it in person and business vehicles. I don’t know many people who drive Ecoboost Fords. I do know lots of people who drive diesels, my mother included. Her 2000 7.3 with over 200K miles doesn’t burn a drop on it. Leave it to Ford to build an engine that can’t use it. Of course from what it read eco boost likes oil.

8 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

That’s amazing! Being an Amsoil and redline dealer I’ve never seen that. I’ve been one since the 90s along with operating and selling 100s of land clearing equipment. Using it in person and business vehicles. I don’t know many people who drive Ecoboost Fords. I do know lots of people who drive diesels, my mother included. Her 2000 7.3 with over 200K miles doesn’t burn a drop on it. Leave it to Ford to build an engine that can’t use it. Of course from what it read eco boost likes oil.

19 minutes ago, alderin1987 said:

I see two problems with this. First it isn't an oil related issue. It's a mechanical issue. Maybe even a design issue. Two, I'd find a new dealer, he should have know this. 

• Like 1

I guess both my 2013 F150s didn't get the memo and lived happily with no consumption of 5w20 Amsoil... neither does my mothers 2014 F150.  Then again I went against the grain and all 3 trucks are 6.2s so... lol.  

Now if we want to talk oil consumption and mechanical problems look no further than the direct injected 5 liter and its coated aluminum cylinder liners lol.

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SierraHD17 said:

I guess both my 2013 F150s didn't get the memo and lived happily with no consumption of 5w20 Amsoil... neither does my mothers 2014 F150.  Then again I went against the grain and all 3 trucks are 6.2s so... lol.  

Now if we want to talk oil consumption and mechanical problems look no further than the direct injected 5 liter and its coated aluminum cylinder liners lol.

Design it is then! :lol: 

Look you can turn on a light switch and the get an instant of light then POOF. Now most people think...rats...light bulb burnt out. But every once in awhile some fella calls an electrician and has the switch and wiring replaced. :idiot:

Design it is then! :lol: 

Look you can turn on a light switch and the get an instant of light then POOF. Now most people think...rats...light bulb burnt out. But every once in awhile some fella calls an electrician and has the switch and wiring replaced. :idiot:

In keeping with your comment, I’ll ad an over the weekend event. My daughter text me Sunday during the race. Dad my cars dead. I noticed 15 minutes later. I’m coming is my reply. She replies back never mind the boyfriend I getting a battery. My reply did he charge it to see ifs that’s the problem. Answer, I don’t know. Later wow 160$. I didn’t reply. Yesterday morning dad cars dead. Me. On my way. Reply, boy friend is looking to change alternator. My reply tell if he touches the car he’ll need an ambulance. I charge battery, brake lights are on. 10$ later fixed. I tell boyfriend always call the old guy (me) experience is priceless. I only gave him half back for the battery.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

In keeping with your comment, I’ll ad an over the weekend event. My daughter text me Sunday during the race. Dad my cars dead. I noticed 15 minutes later. I’m coming is my reply. She replies back never mind the boyfriend I getting a battery. My reply did he charge it to see ifs that’s the problem. Answer, I don’t know. Later wow 160$. I didn’t reply. Yesterday morning dad cars dead. Me. On my way. Reply, boy friend is looking to change alternator. My reply tell if he touches the car he’ll need an ambulance. I charge battery, brake lights are on. 10$ later fixed. I tell boyfriend always call the old guy (me) experience is priceless. I only gave him half back for the battery.

Oh OH story time. 

Wife's BFF calls mad as a hornet says she'd sell her 65 Bonnie for a buck. Thing won't start, then will start runs, rumbles, backfires dies.  I drive over, give her a dollar and she gives me the title. I put a timing light on it and ask the Mrs. to spin it. All over the map. I loosen the hold down and pull the distributor. Shear pin. There is a nail on the road and it put in in, bend it over. Time it and she purrrrrrrrrrs like a kitten. Now she is REALLY ticked off. I laugh and give her the title back and tell her to keep the dollar for a proper pinning. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s a NEGATIVE!

Show me one, just one, modern day engine failure related to the oil used if the engine had regular oil changes according to manufacturers recs.  Stop drinking the cool aid, it may be spiked.

Show me one, just one, modern day engine failure related to the oil used if the engine had regular oil changes according to manufacturers recs.  Stop drinking the cool aid, it may be spiked.

Oil test results speak for themselves and I’m sure no one will go on a forum to complain or alert others to stop using cheap oil. Do the research yourself as you do for the food you and your family eat. Cheaper oil is cheaper because it’s lowest quality oil available that all they have to do is have to meet manufacturers specs, no requirement to make engines last longer just approved to run with the manufacturers engine.
Oil test results speak for themselves and all you have to do is use common sense, as you would picking out paint, not all paint manufacturers are created equal. High end paint lasts longer and why....quality ingredients! Why does Conventional Oil and Full Synthetic Oil burn off at a much faster than 100% Synthetic Oil? Ingredients!

Motors are not at all built like they were used to, everything is lighter and designed (thanks to the epa) to put up with more stress and higher tolerances which requires better oils for better protection. In order to answer these questions do a little research on your own.

7 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Oil test results speak for themselves and I’m sure no one will go on a forum to complain or alert others to stop using cheap oil. Do the research yourself as you do for the food you and your family eat. Cheaper oil is cheaper because it’s lowest quality oil available that all they have to do is have to meet manufacturers specs, no requirement to make engines last longer just approved to run with the manufacturers engine.
Oil test results speak for themselves and all you have to do is use common sense, as you would picking out paint, not all paint manufacturers are created equal. High end paint lasts longer and why....quality ingredients! Why does Conventional Oil and Full Synthetic Oil burn off at a much faster than 100% Synthetic Oil? Ingredients!

Motors are not at all built like they were used to, everything is lighter and designed (thanks to the epa) to put up with more stress and higher tolerances which requires better oils for better protection. In order to answer these questions do a little research on your own.

A bunch of mumbo jumbo to try and confuse the sheep.  Show me one engine failure related to the oil used, just one, that's all I asked.

A bunch of mumbo jumbo to try and confuse the sheep.  Show me one engine failure related to the oil used, just one, that's all I asked.

Now you’re being ridiculous,

Better yet, I’ll leave you with some common sense, try learning from it rather than just looking for a reason to skimp out on taking better care of your vehicles.
https://myengineneeds.com/can-cheap-oil-do-damage-to-my-engine/

You get what you pay for.