Anyone using Amazon Oil?

Not to be another which oil is better debate, but curious if anyone is using Amazon oil?  They have this below for $20 or 6 quarts of 0W20 for $21.  Price seems good for a full synthetic.  Curious if anyone is using it or knows who the manufacturer is.  I'm trying to picture what the Gulf would look like full of Amazon Oil rigs...  or maybe Amazon gas stations...?

image.png.6b42632b1cdd84f63c935661c80b5a11.png

Edited by reardiff

I’m using it. Made by Warren, like supertech. Specs are good, so I run it. I’ll keep an eye on things in the future, but I don’t see why it would cause an issue. Project farm on YouTube tested it out with good results.

• Like 1

I can't argue Amsoil is a top notch oil, but let's not get into which oil is better debate. Simply wanted to hear from anyone using it or knows more about it, not necessarily if it's better or worse than other name brands. 

• Like 2

It depends on whether or not you’re interested in the amount of wear and tear that’s happening to your engine when using Full Synthetic. Full Synthetic is NOT 100% Synthetic! Amsoil is and even proven to use much less oil in engines that burn through their Full Synthetic oil. Man made oil which is the 100% Synthetic takes much longer to burn off than the Full Synthetic because Full Synthetic is Conventional base stock oil mixed with 100% Synthetic additives that help to clean and protect your engine to manufacturers specs. Amsoil is 100% Synthetic base and additives, proven to blow away the highest rated Mobil1 Annual Protection Full Synthetic 4X.

Nothing wrong with doing only what’s asked of you, there’s just a much better way of doing it, better all around Protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

It depends on whether or not you’re interested in the amount of wear and tear that’s happening to your engine when using Full Synthetic. Full Synthetic is NOT 100% Synthetic! Amsoil is and even proven to use much less oil in engines that burn through their Full Synthetic oil. Man made oil which is the 100% Synthetic takes much longer to burn off than the Full Synthetic because Full Synthetic is Conventional base stock oil mixed with 100% Synthetic additives that help to clean and protect your engine to manufacturers specs. Amsoil is 100% Synthetic base and additives, proven to blow away the highest rated Mobil1 Annual Protection Full Synthetic 4X.

Nothing wrong with doing only what’s asked of you, there’s just a much better way of doing it, better all around Protection.

This message paid for in part by Amsoil ?

I use Amsoil in my current lineup of vehicles so obviously I think highly of it. I’ve also had numerous other vehicles in my lifetime that never sniffed it and ran perfectly fine for hundreds of thousands of miles. Amsoil or any other oil FWIW is no magic elixir it’s just part of the equation. Good driving habits contribute greatly to engine longevity as well.  I’m 100% positive if you treat your engine like a scolded dog constantly it’s not going to be happy no matter what you put in it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, reardiff said:

let's not get into which oil is better debate. Simply wanted to hear from anyone using it or knows more about it, not necessarily if it's better or worse than other name brands. 

Just in case some of y'all didn't read this part, twice. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jglew82 said:

Just in case some of y'all didn't read this part, twice. 

This is going to sound strange coming from me so hang on to your hat. You could use any oil you like that meets the standard and a whole list of those that don't and get the exact same result. What you can't do is use them all the same and get that result. I've seen motors make a million on oils from the 50's. It's still running. It isn't a matter of what or which breaks down quicker or whose got the best add package. It's about changing it before any of that matters. Oil debates are tails wagging dogs. Of course I am assuming your not putting this in a Nitro motor or an Indy or F1 car. :) 

• Like 4

Today’s engines have much tighter tolerances and are so much more dependent on engine oil to help protect it more now then ever before. Hate to say it, today’s engines are far more complex, made of lighter metals that “WILL” breakdown much faster than engines from 20-30 ago. Today’s benefits, much better oil, better oil will do much better when side to side comparisons. GM doesn’t put requirements out there that’ll help your engine last longer, they put minimum requirements to just make their engines work.

Side by side comparisons, which oil has more protection during the life of the oil? 100% Synthetic. Your choice, use oil that’s required or use oil that’ll make your engine last.

594b77564f8806e874bbcdbf7a75652b.jpg

Good luck and God Bless!

Nothing wrong with Amazon oil. Meets specs and is on the approved lists. Good stuff. I've seen some UOAs and it holds up well

You’re absolutely correct, nothing wrong with using it, it meets manufacturers minimum required specs, not exceeding it.