Anyone using Amazon Oil?

Actually, you're being ridiculous.  I'll stick to my original statement.  Change your oil every 5k miles, and your engine will last 250k no problem.  I ask for one engine failure that you can prove is related to the oil used, and the fact is you can't produce it.

Amsoil is the best engine oil out there.  If you have a leased vehicle or some POS vehicle you could care less about, then just use Walmart oil or whatever is cheapest.

I plan on keeping my truck for a long time and Amsoil will help to achieve that.  I use Amsoil in my truck bumper to bumper.  Transmission, front and rear differentials, transfer case, and brake fluid.

There are several other high quality engine oils out there but Amsoil is the best.  

Then we talk about oil filters, magnetic plugs for the oil pan, and those magnetic wraps for the oil filters.  Can take tons of steps to keep the engine clean. 

My point is, Amsoil is the best engine oil even though it's not the ideal option for all drivers.

• Like 1

Actually, you're being ridiculous.  I'll stick to my original statement.  Change your oil every 5k miles, and your engine will last 250k no problem.  I ask for one engine failure that you can prove is related to the oil used, and the fact is you can't produce it.

Probably because him like me are around people who take care of our investment. Same reason I don’t buy 80$ tires. You do get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

This is why I don’t buy used vehicles, practicing garbage maintenance and then putting the blame on the vehicles when issues start.

Another reason why gasoline companies compete with highest grade with enhanced best performance chemicals for your engine, same thing for oil companies. Again, that’s why I refuse to buy used, so many extremely cheap people buy nice cars only to abuse them.

Everyone needs to think about this:

Put two identical vehicles for sale, offering no warranty, same motor, everything the same and one using Amsoil and the other one using cheap approved oil, which vehicle would you buy and why?

7 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

This is why I don’t buy used vehicles, practicing garbage maintenance and then putting the blame on the vehicles when issues start.

Another reason why gasoline companies compete with highest grade with enhanced best performance chemicals for your engine, same thing for oil companies. Again, that’s why I refuse to buy used, so many extremely cheap people buy nice cars only to abuse them.

Everyone needs to think about this:

Put two identical vehicles for sale, offering no warranty, same motor, everything the same and one using Amsoil and the other one using cheap approved oil, which vehicle would you buy and why?

Neither one would suffer an oil related engine failure.  That I can guarantee you.

Go on forums and find your proof, most likely you’re the type that cares only to keep things going, not one to prolong the life. I’ve taken the time to post an article on the reality of motor oil types, the negatives and positives.

Ignorance is bliss: If you don’t know about something, you’ll never worry about It.

Neither one would suffer an oil related engine failure.  That I can guarantee you.

You couldn’t afford that type of guarantee, especially one that thinks conventional oil is just as good as Amsoil, WOW!

Lamborghini, Bugatti, Koenigsegg and Ferrari 

Designed for different things. I'm thinking not many of those cars, if any, make it to 100k miles. Most sit in a garage.

Maybe that’s because they were to broke to use quality products in order to prolong the life. Lol, thought I’d throw that one in.

I’ve had excellent results as soon as I switched to Amsoil, much smoother running motor.

31 minutes ago, slimjim2525 said:

I need to understand the rules of this guarantee. You mean within 250K. That is your maker, correct? Second, define "oil related engine failure".  If the definition includes but is not limited to a motor that uses oil like I own a oil derrick and the refinery then I have a few for you. Where would you like me to start. 

If on the other hand you define failure as the crankshaft is laying in the streets...…. Have a personal friend 30 years my senior who during WW II when part were rare used the tongue of a boot to replace a rod bearing for 50K miles in a Stove Bolt 6 Chevy. They don't have oil pumps. They have dippers. Like a lawn mower. Supplemented his oil with hog lard. We use to use Castor Bean Oil in Brit singles and you could burn up a rebuild in 50 miles turning the oil to coke clinkers. 

This is a silly argument. Another tail wagging the dog argument. Another undefined 'rules of engagement' run down the rabbit hole. 

• Like 1

I need to understand the rules of this guarantee. You mean within 250K. That is your maker, correct? Second, define "oil related engine failure".  If the definition includes but is not limited to a motor that uses oil like I own a oil derrick and the refinery then I have a few for you. Where would you like me to start.    If on the other hand you define failure as the crankshaft is laying in the streets...…. Have a personal friend 30 years my senior who during WW II when part were rare used the tongue of a boot to replace a rod bearing for 50K miles in a Stove Bolt 6 Chevy. They don't have oil pumps. They have dippers. Like a lawn mower. Supplemented his oil with hog lard. We use to use Castor Bean Oil in Brit singles and you could burn up a rebuild in 50 miles turning the oil to coke clinkers. 

This is a silly argument. Another tail wagging the dog argument. Another undefined 'rules of engagement' run down the rabbit hole. 

Sorta like my in-laws, get upset every time something wears out, told them what do you expect, you get what you pay for. Bought cheap tires and said they were rated high and when I took it upon myself to put Michelin tires on for them I found myself having to get into the explanation of the chemical compound differences between the Michelin Defenders I just installed free for them and the crap budget friendly tires that went bald at 25k miles.

My father in-law had a Mitsubishi suv always in the shop, heard my mother in law tell him that they just couldn’t afford a newer car, I bought them a new Yukon SLT, had it delivered to them, he later asked what makes it better than what he had ? [emoji2357]

You just cannot fix stupid, stupid is as stupid does [emoji6]

Ok, for now on, I’ll ONLY answer to people that can have a “logical” discussion.

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

You couldn’t afford that type of guarantee, especially one that thinks conventional oil is just as good as Amsoil, WOW!

I never once said conventional oil is as good as Amsoil.  I said, if you change your oil every 5k, you will not have an oil related engine failure regardless of the oil you use.  All engine oils are good these days.  Let's see a UOA in the same vehicle, Amsoil vs any other synthetic, and show me by that analysis where it's better.

Edited by slimjim2525

I never once said conventional oil is as good as Amsoil.  I said, if you change your oil every 5k, you will not have an oil related engine failure regardless of the oil you use.  All engine oils are good these days.  Let's see a UOA in the same vehicle, Amsoil vs any other synthetic, and show me by that analysis where it's better.

Do your own research, search for the truth!
Here’s an independent test result.

82b75d8cb77996ef4de9d31c808b2540.jpg

You can definitely use “any oil” as you’ve said but why use oils that breakdown and are mixed with conventional oil? Nothing protects as well as Amsoil, nothing.

I’m done here, time for a workout [emoji2134]
Good luck everyone and remember Knowing is half the battle so feed YO mind!

8 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Do your own research, search for the truth!
Here’s an independent test result.

82b75d8cb77996ef4de9d31c808b2540.jpg

You can definitely use “any oil” as you’ve said but why use oils that breakdown and are mixed with conventional oil? Nothing protects as well as Amsoil, nothing.

I’m done here, time for a workout emoji2134.png
Good luck everyone and remember Knowing is half the battle so feed YO mind!

It says right on top, "subjective".  That is not science, nor is it a UOA.  You keep posting these ridiculous subjective stats and articles.  You do your own research, I already have.