Range AFM delete detection

Range Technologies advertises their product cannot be detected by the dealership. Can anyone back this up? I want to delete AFM but do not want to void warranty. I will do a Diablo when warranty expires. I read that the computer has a counter each time it is flashed, but a "plug n play" OBD 2 will not flash. Is this true? Thanks.

I have seen that when you unplug the device it will cause your ecm to show three to four “not ready” parameters that an emissions test looks for. I had to leave mine unplugged and drive for a few days then go back to the state inspection station because of this. If you have a range and also have state emissions testing that plugs into your obd2 port keep this in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Leedall24 said:

Will the PCM tell a technician if the AFM has never been in V4 mode and always V8?

Not that I know of, it won't report anything like that because there is not an issue or DTC that is being reported. Nor as said above does this flash the computer in any way.

Get a superchips flashpaq f5 tuner.  Comes with 5 tunes and the ability to return to stock.  I've been to the dealer with this tune installed and stock installed and they haven't said anything to me.  Don't get the Range AFM, i had that for a week and it stopped working on my truck.

I have had the Range in my Sierra for 3 years now. No issues what so ever, and I just came back from the dealer for my Soft Brake Pedal Recall. They plug a scanner in every time you go in for service to see if there are any codes present. As long as you disconnect it before you go in, they cannot detect the Range.

I used it on my 8-speed eAssist. Made the trans shift super harsh. I left it on for over a month to see if the truck just needed time to adjust and it never did so I went back to driving in M7 mode. No V4 and truck shifts fine, or as good as it was before the Range.