Rear HVAC Vents Weak?

Has anyone noticed the rear vents don’t blow very hard? Even with the fan on high?

Was really excited to have them in the back over my ‘17, but they don’t seem like they’ll do too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

Has anyone noticed the rear vents don’t blow very hard? Even with the fan on high?

Was really excited to have them in the back over my ‘17, but they don’t seem like they’ll do too much.

They are about the same as the "under the seat" vents. It's more for circulation and dispersing the air than the full in your face effect.

You could try choking off the front vents to get more flow back there, though.

Not at all surprised, that is exactly what I and others have been saying when people complained about the K2's lack of vents. People talk about how it is so hot back there in the K2 without rear vents, well it wasn't. I am in Texas in a dark colored crew cab, plenty of air moving back there. I spent 5 hour blocks of time in back of mine in west Texas in July when my buddy drove part of the way to New Mexico and we were way more than ok, actually had them turn it down or adjust the vents some at times. People want the rear vents but all they are good for is taking the strong cool air from the front vents and warming it up and weakening the output to where it just cools your knee, or it gives them an image of premium rather than actual function. A much better use of the AC system is to have it come out of the front vents only in a small space like a truck or sedan, the air is much colder and moving much faster there. The Rav4 is on to something in the last gen with a large center vent on the dash for sending air to the rear only. Unless it has a separate system, like the large SUV's and minivans it isn't efficient. That is how it is on all trucks/vehicles that don't have separate system, I have yet to be in one that moves a good amount of air out of the rear vents that is anywhere near as cool as the front. Basically all the complaining in the last gen just made it worse in the current gen...

Tyler

I didn’t want as much for the AC, as I find the AC on full really cools the whole truck rather quickly (mainly just removing the humidity is the biggest thing). I wanted the rear vents for heat the most. As it’s very cold in the back and you have to crank it in the front to warm the people in the back after a long day of snowmobiling, and I get hot fast so don’t like the vents on too high and then the people in the back freeze. Thought the rear vents would really help.

The rear heated seats are amazing for that though

11 hours ago, Basketcase said:

I didn’t want as much for the AC, as I find the AC on full really cools the whole truck rather quickly (mainly just removing the humidity is the biggest thing). I wanted the rear vents for heat the most. As it’s very cold in the back and you have to crank it in the front to warm the people in the back after a long day of snowmobiling, and I get hot fast so don’t like the vents on too high and then the people in the back freeze. Thought the rear vents would really help.

The rear heated seats are amazing for that though

The ducts under the seat is where the heat comes out unless you manually set the controls to upper vents. Remote start and/or heated seats work great on those frigid days for sure!