120v bed outlet inop?

On 5/25/2021 at 2:11 AM, davester said:

I know this sounds crazy, but why not just install an inverter powerful enough to run whatever equipment you want and be done with it?  It's not super difficult, and you get what you need.

Why would Chevy advertise it being able to work with certain power tools or power up a whole house when it can't? I just saw a commercial showing the Silverado being able to. Total crap. 

58 minutes ago, Vigilante375 said:

Why would Chevy advertise it being able to work with certain power tools or power up a whole house when it can't? I just saw a commercial showing the Silverado being able to. Total crap. 

Perhaps you misunderstood what was happening, or missed the fine print on the screen at the time?  While it can power some power tools, they wouldn't represent the current silverado as being able to power a house.  Perhaps you saw something related to a future electric silverado?

Can you post a link to this advertisement?  Chevy likely has their ads on youtube...

On 5/27/2021 at 3:10 AM, davester said:

Perhaps you misunderstood what was happening, or missed the fine print on the screen at the time?  While it can power some power tools, they wouldn't represent the current silverado as being able to power a house.  Perhaps you saw something related to a future electric silverado?

Can you post a link to this advertisement?  Chevy likely has their ads on youtube...

Starting at 9 seconds. This is almost what I saw on a commercial. Same scene but missing the work place being powered on.

Well, there was nothing in that ad that would make me think the vehicles were powering anything.  That short night scene with the "workers" just looked like they were working in the vicinity of the truck.  Maybe when the guy was using the cutoff saw, if it was longer and actually showed the saw plugged into the truck....  I think you might have interpreted it to be powering the stuff, possibly based on your experience with your truck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

For the love of God, would someone please tell me how to actually fix the outlets on 2021 GM SIERRA that has been overloaded. And yes, I've checked the fuse 19AU under the hood and it tested fine. Is there by chance another in-line fuse for the inverter itself that could be the problem? My dealership was not able to help. If it's worth mentioning, both outlets in cab and on tailgate are not working. 

On 5/24/2021 at 12:08 PM, Vigilante375 said:

I was very disappointed in this outlet too.  Just another gimmick to get people to look at the truck.  I've had multiple instances that I could have really used the outlet but it wouldn't power on the device I was trying to use for more than 1 second.

FWIW, if anyone wants something that CAN power household appliances and charge electric vehicles.  Go get an F150 with the 7500W inverter in the back.  It's a $750 option.  Can't beat that.  I wish Chevy did something like this and maybe they will in the near future.

Food for thought...

https://www.duracellpower.com/?utm_campaign=14747165745&utm_source=g_m&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=547733638077&utm_term=b_duracell portable power station&adgroupid=131265315327&gclid=CjwKCAiAh_GNBhAHEiwAjOh3ZMbkl-xcqprCQwV5UL60ROFYNjr1tGepa0dvcHonu-8Dc9wQn3YrcxoCmgAQAvD_BwE

You might be able to plug it into the bed power outlet for trickle charging (not sure), run cables directly to your battery for recharging, or do something with solar panels possibly over your bed or on top of a camper.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GQ205 said:

For the love of God, would someone please tell me how to actually fix the outlets on 2021 GM SIERRA that has been overloaded. And yes, I've checked the fuse 19AU under the hood and it tested fine. Is there by chance another in-line fuse for the inverter itself that could be the problem? My dealership was not able to help. If it's worth mentioning, both outlets in cab and on tailgate are not working. 

No trying to be that guy, but is it switched on (or back on)? 

Is the ignition on?

The outlets will not operate when the ignition is off,

the DC/AC switch is not pressed,

or the plug is not fully seated into the outlet.

• 1 year later...
On 10/2/2019 at 3:08 PM, mattsvtcobra said:

I did see that after I used it and asked the dealer.  But I do want to know why would you build a work truck through and through to put an elec outlet in the back that can't even support a common household blender? Seems dumb and not intuitive. 

Yes!!!