19 RST W/ Window Noise & Vibration

I have a new RST with about 800 miles on her now. I took it to the tint shop on the 3rd day after buying it cause I can't stand the "fish bowl" feel. I now have a weird sound and a vibration strong enough to feel through the door panel . It's on 3 of the 4 windows which is very weird. I called the tint shop to make them aware and they kind of denied it would be from them. To me, removing the door panels and adding tint could be the cause, or maybe not. I have never had this before on any tinted car I've owned. FYI, it only starts the noise and rattling at half way down, and does not make a sound on the way up . Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have had tint put on every car that I have owned for like the last 30 years and they never removed and panels.  The tint shop that I used for my front two windows did not remove them and had it done in less then 15 minutes.

• Like 1

At what speeds do you notice the rattling? 

I've had this before on my RST, but it was from the bass in the Bose speakers. Putting my left arm more firmly on the door's arm rest made it go away. 

However, it has seemed to stop, as I haven't heard it for quite a while now. 

Actually, there were a LOT of little noises and oddities with my RST the first few months I owned it. I ignored most of them, as they were minor, and most of them have all gone away.

Yea I've been tinting my trucks since the 80's and never had door panels removed. Weird... I have Bose in my RST with bass turned up and never experienced any rattles, squeaks, noises or vibration anywhere. I have a phobia about rattles.

25 minutes ago, Chevy68man said:

I am getting the rattling at idle or when it's off. It's strictly from the window being rolled down. No music, no bass. It's a hard vibration

What??

Have you inspected the window weatherstrip to see if it is out of place?  
Everything seems to be snug and tight fitting. There is a smudge on middle of the window on the exterior side. Maybe just dirt?

I'd make sure first (100% certain) did they or did they not remove your door panels to install the tint?   If they did, pretty sure you know the cause.  If it is the tint shop, there are several harnesses for the wiring inside the door panel any they may not have seated them correctly or fastened them back all the way.

If they didn't then this is a simple warranty issue.  Could be any number of things. On my 2016 Silverado Crew Cab, the right rear window/door would rattle and make a terrible noise about 1/2 way down when lowering, noticed this the day after I drove it home.  I took it back to the dealer, turned out the Window Motor was installed backwards and was creating a high spot for the window to bump on it when lowered.  The service tech said he'd seen it before and that it was something that was easy to do (easy to get wrong) b/c the unit would install either way and at a quick glance, it was hard to tell.